Lactose Free Protein Powder

Options
ndm9one
ndm9one Posts: 62 Member
I've been taking 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein for about 2 weeks now
& I cant take this bloating anymore, I give up! Its not worth it lols
I "Guess" Im lactose intolerant :-p I can drink milk no problem but THIS is NOT working!
The only other protein formula I've tried is 'Muscle Milk' & that was fine for me.
I switched because I heard muscle milk isnt as popular as the gold standard; wrong choice!
Does anyone know of any good lactose free protein powders?
Im starting month two of INSANITY on monday & I want to get the best results possible.

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend looking into Vega.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder. Comes in Vanilla, Chocolate, and Plain versions. Very clean. My doctor approved this when she found I couldn't handle the Whey powders.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I was taking whey, and then it started causing me to throw up. I thought it had gone bad, but when I bought more, the same thing happened (with two other brands). I tried Vega, it's a fine choice, the sodium was very high. Right now I am taking Precision all natural vegetarian protein powder that I got at the health food store. It is a combination of pea, hemp, brown rice.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder. Comes in Vanilla, Chocolate, and Plain versions. Very clean. My doctor approved this when she found I couldn't handle the Whey powders.

Someone else recommended this one to me as well.
  • twaltemade
    twaltemade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    We use Isopure Whey Protein Isolate. It is lactose free and the easiest source of protein for the body to use (according to what I have been able to learn). My wife is lactose intolerant and has no issues. It must be whey isolate in order to avoid lactose.

For pure vegetarian, we use Sun Warrior protein powder.
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I also use Vega, and I'm very happy with it.
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have found Nutrio's whey to be the best when it comes to isues with lactose intolerance issues.
    http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/whey_protein_isolate.htm
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to whey (not lactose intolerant but allergic) so I use egg white protein powder. You can find it at Vitamin Shoppe online or Netrition.com. The brand I use is called Healthy n Fit and I love it! I also drink Vegan Tropical Strawberry Shakeology with a scoop of the egg white protein in it. Tastes like strawberry Quik with the strawberry protein powder and Shakeology lol
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Someone else recommended this one to me as well.

Healthy n Fit Nutritionals egg white protein powder is cheaper and just as quality...
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    http://www.simplybhealthy.com/

Highest quality, all-natural, lactose-free, whey isolate protein powder. Sweetened only with stevia and natural flavors. No bloated feeling, no chemicals or fillers. PURE nutrition for every BODY.*

Delicious Flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, Cinnabun
    Sizes: 5lbs= 90 servings
    22g whey isolate protein and only 90 calories
    ZERO carbs!
    NO FILLERS! NO JUNK!
    LACTOSE-FREE! NO BLOAT!

Ingreients: Micro/Ultrafiltration Whey Protein Isolate, Natural Flavor, Stevia, Soy Lecithin.
  • snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Jay Robb also has a whey protein that is lactose free, it comes in the same flavors.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    The person who posted this is able to drink milk, so this person is having a bad reaction to whey, not lactose, just thought I'd mention that. Some people can not tolerate isolated whey and their bodies react to it differently from other people. I was fine with it when I first started using it, but I developed an intolerance, now it causes me to throw up and to feel sick all day, even if I try other brands. And I am all done with trying other brands. I don't want to go anywhere near any kind of whey protein. So, I understand it is recommended as the best, but not everyone can take it. Some of us need to stick with the vegetarian options (and find one that works for us) and/or possibly the egg white kind (I have not tried that kind yet).
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Needed this info! Bump! :)
  • RunReadEat
    RunReadEat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Vega Performance Protein. Bonus, the chocolate flavor is soo delicious. :smile:
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Lactose intolerant: use body Fortress Whey Isolate Vamilla Lactose Free.....Walmart...cheap

But the other poster is right if the OP can drink Milk Lactose Intolerance is not the problem. Could be the Whey Isolate. Maybe try the non Isolate style just to test it. You could also try the Lactose Free and see if there is a difference. I don't know of any Intolerant people who can drink milk, thier is lots of Lactose in Milk.
  • SG_Diary
    SG_Diary Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use sunwarrior, warrior blend- pea protein, cranberry protein and hemp seed protein
    Raw - Non-GMO - Gluten free - Hypoallergenic - Soy free and Dairy free.

Here is a link if you want to read more:

http://www.sunwarrior.com/product-info/warrior-blend/

Hope you find something that suits you :)