Holy crap am I hungry!

Options
So I was reading around the forums last night about JUDDD and 5/2 and the like. Seems like an interesting idea so i thought I'd give it a go. Just for one day (to start) to see if I even could handle a fast. Last real meal was last night about 8:30pm. Today i have had a bunch of tea, coffee, bottled water and 1 hardboiled egg and 1/2 pkg of Buddig tky meat. I am trying to save my cals for dinner cuz I had a real nice one planned and I am not changing it now (Burgers on ciabatta bread w/ grilled veggies. I will skip the bun and up the veggies which should total around 350cals) As I write this, it is about 2:30 in the afternoon and I am STARVING!!! Really? Do I need to do this? Someone out there just tell me to suck it up and deal cuz I am about to eat my own foot right now. Lol. Thanks for letting me rant.

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I say eat.
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Eat something. You should have at least 1200 cals and if you've only had turkey meat and a hard boiled egg I doubt you've even reached 200. You need fuel.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i dont get why people starve themselves....
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If your body is telling you to eat then you should eat.
  • maddymc55
    maddymc55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your body goes into starvation mode, which holds onto fat, so eat and watch your calories and excercise. Read Chris Powell's book. Chose to lose. Your body needs nutrients to live. :)
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Are you fasting as a way to kickstart your diet? You do not have to do that. Get a good cleanse and do it every night for 7-14 days. Starving is not a good way to diet.. You may develop the shakes and your body will shut down storing that fat. I f you need assistance there are plenty of people on this site that can help. BTW your dinner sounds awesome wish I was there to get a bite..
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Suck it up and deal :P

You choose, but I think you should stop the weird diet
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    ok i guess not many ppl out there have heard about JUDDD. It is an alternating way of eating/fasting that confuses the metablolism. It is not meant to be everyday. modified versions have a ratio of 5 days eating/ 2 days (not together) fasting. Fasting Should be 500 cals or so, eating days around 2000 so it balances out in the week. Starvation mode would only kick in after an extended period of not eating, not after a 16-24hr fast so I should be ok.
    Actually I drank some more water and now my intense hunger has abated so I feel i should be able to hold out until dinner. Thx for the concern and the advice, like I said I justed needed to put hunger to paper so to speak. :happy:
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a doctor recommend a diet like that to an overweight patient, but I didn't got to medical school. Can anyone back me up with some credible research?

inb4 ****storm, I'd actually like to see some solid facts, not a bunch of "experts" on the internet.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Up Day Down Day dieting has a lot of supporters, and many users feel it helps them control other health aspects as well as weight.

If you've just started, then yes your first "down" day is going to be tough, as your body's not used to it.

But part of the whole theory behind up days and down days is to keep your body guessing.

Starvation mode is NOT going to kick in after one day (or even after a few hours)

Drink some water or tea, go for a walk, and enjoy your fast breaking meal later on. If you're going to try this method, you really need to give it a few weeks to see how it works for you.

Best of luck!