Sudden weight loss

Options
On Thursday, I wasn't feel too great so I didn't manage to eat much (under 600 calories). Then on Friday morning I did my daily weigh in and according to the scale I'd lost three pounds! It's safe to say I was completely confused by this. I assumed it was water weight and carried on with my day. I still wasn't feeling 100% but I managed to eat more than Thursday.

This morning (Saturday) I weighed myself and I've lost another pound along with the three pounds lost prior. I double checked through out the day and the weight didn't vary.

While it's true I didn't eat much on those two days (along with today) that usually does not cause such dramatic weight loss. I don't know what could have possibly caused it this time around - any speculations are welcome :\

Replies

• AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Without more details...

The obvious answers are that you have lost water weight (could be a lot of reasons - TOM, Sodium causing water retention, etc etc etc.) and likely with the behaviour you describe, you eliminated some waste that you didn't replace...
  • anat0my
    anat0my Posts: 15
    Options
    I found that with water weight, the weight usually varies rather than stay at a constant loss - I've also been drinking quite a bit of water (not logged).
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Human bodies fluctuate. Don't weigh daily.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    This would make most people happy. I'm sure once you eat normal you'll gain it back.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've found that, several weeks a pound here, a pound there. Then a jump of 4-5lb then back to 1lb the week after. Doing nothing different. Eating the same and drinking the same. Just carry on, weigh next week and hope you are still down!!