Problems with proteins?

Options
I've been looking at my diary and EVERDAY I eat too much proteins, even when I'm under in calories.

So what? should I only eat salads and veggies for dinner???
Are too much proteins really a problem???

I can't eat chicken or fish (allergies)...

Please, take a look at my diary, I need help.

Replies

• MitchIsBeast
    Options
    Eat beans. Drink milk.

Also, too much beans cause uric acid lol.
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    yeah eat chicken and die

edit: i seen that before your edited ^^
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When you're set to 1200 calories MFP defaults to a pretty small amount of protein. Unless you have a medical condition that necessitates your limiting protein I wouldn't worry about it.

fwiw: I aim for 100 grams of protein a day.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    The protein goal is just that - a goal. The calorie count is a limit, the fat count is a limit, the fibre/iron/protein "limits" are goals - you need to hit them every day.
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You're not eating to much protein unless you are on dialysis or have to restrict for some other reason. A rule of thumb is to consume .8 - 1.6 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. The low end for is if you have a sedentary lifestyle and the high end is for a very active person (athlete)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    MFP tends to set protein along with calories very low. People usually recommend .8g/kg to 1.8g/kg of body mass in protein. If you exercise you want the higher end. Some people go even higher.

For example this is my stats:

weight: 120lbs = 54.4311kg
    protein goal: 54.4311kg*1.8g/kg = 97.97598g of protein a day.

Since I upped my protein I've found my nails a lot stronger. I can grow the white tip out by no joke about a cm before cracking. If you're nails are cracking off, you may not be getting enough protein.

Which reminds me I really need to cut my nails.
  • Noc6285
    Noc6285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Were your macros set by MFP? 232 carbs seems like a ton to me. If you want to lose fat, carbs need to be cut. Carbs in the body are mainly used as a primary energy source. When you don't need energy the body just stores them for later in fat cells. What are your goals? What are your exercises like? I would double check the numbers.