Muscle Spasms

Options
For about two days I've been having muscle spasms in my stomach. Right on the edge of the rib cage on the breast bone. Feels more like its the diaphragm muscle. Any suggestions on easing this out? It's not painful in any way and I am able to do all functions as normal. Just annoying as all *bleep*.

Replies

• Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Anyone?

^BUMP^
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    It could be a lot of stuff. You may have just pulled something. I still get pains in that area once in while that make it hard to straighten out. They can't find anything and I've had three surgeons tell me they think it's phantom pain. I would go to a dr if it doesn't stop just to make sure it isn't gallbladder related or something like that.
  • misslucy77
    misslucy77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have those and it turned out to be a magnesem defficency. They've gone away since I started a multivitamin with magnesium.
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I get those a lot when my calcium levels are low. I would suggest a multi mineral supplement like Calcium with Magnesium and Zinc. You want to catch it because if it decides to go full body spasm it is excruciating. I ended up leaving work in an ambulance once. It had to do with taking hydrochlorothiazide (diuretic for edema in my legs) while on a super low carb diet. To much diuretic going on caused the calcium deficiency.