Greek yogurt 2% fat or fat free?

Options
Which do you choose and why? Which is more beneficial?

Replies

• GreyBinkie
    Options
    Neither makes sense for a low carb diet like mine, sorry. I like fat. Fatty food tastes so much better...
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I like the 2% chobani with passionfruit. I don't really care too much about a little extra fat though i tend to do fat free plain just as often at 2%.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Screw 2% and fat-free. I want the whole-fat when it comes to greek yogurt. It tastes so much better. Besides, the 10g whole fat compared to 4g 2% with Fage isn't a big deal. The only time I'll buy 2% is when the store is out of whole-fat.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    The Fage 2% yogurt has 4 grams of fat and 20g of protein. The Fage 0% yogurt is fat free, but only has 18g of carb. I can usually spare 4 grams of fat, but some days I can't, so I buy both!
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    what about calories?
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    For eating with a spoon 2% or full fat, for putting in my smoothie non-fat because I like it plain.
  • alheimurinn
    alheimurinn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste/texture of the Fage 0% to the Fage 2%.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    I usually get fat free and I really like it. I just didn't know if the full fat version was more beneficial or not.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    whole fat 100% plain. I add my berries or stevia flavor :)
  • cyndymar
    cyndymar Posts: 73
    Options
    Fat FREE dont like it sweeten with agave necter . Fat free is always the best way to go you will still get the same amount of calcium from fat free
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    mmm fat
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've read that nonfat usually means more chemicals. Not sure how true that is though.
  • WarningBell
    Options
    I'm in love with Chobani Blueberry & Apple Cinnamon and they're only offered in the fat free variety. On the other hand, pineapple is only available in 2%.. I'm picky when it comes to yogurt so I usually go with flavor instead of fat content.