KALE!

Options
Vx3_
Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
I never tried kale a day in my life! But today I decided to make an attempt to do a good dish, and it was successful! I honestly don't have a name for this, so I figure you guys name it lol.
You need:
Frozen chopped kale (10oz)
2 tablespoon of water
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of basil
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove (chopped into small pieces/ minced)
1/4 of small yellow onion

In a pan, you put the water to boil with salt. You add kale into it frozen, and use the fork to thawed it out. Once it is completely thawed, you add all the ingredients into it. Continue to cook it for an additional 5 -7 minutes, and viola! It's done.
I put roasted red potatoes on the side. It was delicious!

Let me know what do you think...

Replies

• MisguidedRoses
    MisguidedRoses Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I purchased Kale a couple of days ago and have no idea what to make with it!
    I tried making a Green Monster but it didn't come out well due to the lack of orange juice!
    Try making kale chips all you need is olive oil and season salt
  • Vx3_
    Options
    Thank you! I purchased Kale a couple of days ago and have no idea what to make with it!
    I tried making a Green Monster but it didn't come out well due to the lack of orange juice!
    Try making kale chips all you need is olive oil and season salt

I am going to the supermarket today too! I will try it. How much degree should I put the oven on? I failed to mention this serves two people by one cup!
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I made Cheezy Herb Kale Chips today! Here's my recipe:

2.5 cups kale, washed & dried (I ripped it off the stem and then tore into pieces)
    Spread kale on baking sheet

Whisk together:
    2 tbsp. EVOO
    1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
    2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
    1 tbsp. water
    1 tsp. parsley flakes
    1/2 tsp. dill weed, dried
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    1/2 tsp. kosher salt

Drizzle this "dressing" all over kale, then massage into kale on baking sheet.

Bake @ 250 for about 40-50 min. Watch carefully!! Kale chips can go quickly from delicious chips to burnt crisps! I stirred mine around at about 30 minutes then checked every 5 min after that.

It looks like a LOT of kale to start but shrinks significantly. It's probably about 2 servings; about 168 cal/serving. I, however, ate them ALL! SO yummy.

**Edited for typo!**
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    I grow a ton of kale in my garden, so eat lots of it. Google "massaged kale salad" for a lot of great recipes. Basically, you julienne it in shreds, rub them between your palms with a little salt, add a light vinagrette. Or braise it with garlic. Or add it to broth. Sautee some to stuff an omelet. Kale chips (make sure oven hesat is high enough) It pairs really well with hard cheeses like Parm, dry jack or ricotta salata for seasoning.
  • Vx3_
    Options
    I made Cheezy Herb Kale Chips today! Here's my recipe:

2.5 cups kale, washed & dried (I ripped it off the stem and then tore into pieces)
    Spread kale on baking sheet

Whisk together:
    2 tbsp. EVOO
    1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
    2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
    1 tbsp. water
    1 tsp. parsley flakes
    1/2 tsp. dill weed, dried
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    1/2 tsp. kosher salt

Drizzle this "dressing" all over kale, then massage into kale on baking sheet.

Bake @ 250 for about 40-50 min. Watch carefully!! Kale chips can go quickly from delicious chips to burnt crisps! I stirred mine around at about 30 minutes then checked every 5 min after that.

It looks like a LOT of kale to start but shrinks significantly. It's probably about 2 servings; about 168 cal/serving. I, however, ate them ALL! SO yummy.

**Edited for typo!**

Thank you! Sounds really delicious! I can't wait to try it!
  • Vx3_
    Options
    I grow a ton of kale in my garden, so eat lots of it. Google "massaged kale salad" for a lot of great recipes. Basically, you julienne it in shreds, rub them between your palms with a little salt, add a light vinagrette. Or braise it with garlic. Or add it to broth. Sautee some to stuff an omelet. Kale chips (make sure oven hesat is high enough) It pairs really well with hard cheeses like Parm, dry jack or ricotta salata for seasoning.

Nice! I def want to try it out!