mega yard work

Options
how do i log mega yard work. My husband have been at it for four hours, sweating like a pig. Can i log this and how if I can?

Replies

• newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    general gardening is a workout in the data base- be warned- it will give a LOT of calories- so be honest with yourself. I understand working the yard and feel like I earn the calories it says ..but... Im always leery of super high #s.
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Two hours of mowing, weed pulling, and clipping back overgrowth netted me 215 calories according to my HRM.

I was exhausted when I came inside, soaked from head to toe, and my fingers ache from the clipping.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    oh i wish i had worn my HRM, but i will work with the 215 and check it out with what the database gives me.
    thanks
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    My husband have been at it for four hours, sweating like a pig.

Blimey.
  • firestar385
    Options
    I usually count about half the time I did since other websites say about half mfp calories,
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Two hours of mowing, weed pulling, and clipping back overgrowth netted me 215 calories according to my HRM.

I was exhausted when I came inside, soaked from head to toe, and my fingers ache from the clipping.
    [/quote

Just out of curiosity - did you compare it against the database to see if they were similar numbers?
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I average about 220 calories per hour, and that is serious hard work, like shoveling and using the wheelbarrow all over the place.
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options

[/quote

Just out of curiosity - did you compare it against the database to see if they were similar numbers?

MFP generally doubles what my HRM says. In this case, if I split my time between mowing and gardening, MFP almost triples my calorie count.