Workout DVD's

Options
Would love some suggestions on workout dvd's that are fun and burn some calories. :smile: I go to the gym at least 3x's a week and try to get outdoors for a walk, but would like something that I can do at home and in about 30mins or so..

Replies

• hopsywopsy
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I don't go to the gym already, but I can feel my stomach muscles toning up already. It's about 30 mins (20 mins of cardio/toning/abs + warm up and cool down). I'm not sure if it is meant to be, but it is on youtube if you want to try before you buy.

Would love to hear what else you find, as fitness DVDs work for me as I have a toddler and can't always get out of the house to work out/keep to set classes as my husband is away a lot.
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use Comcast workouts they are handy, (if you have Comcast with on demand) you go under sports and fitness, workouts and there are a bunch, yoga, pilates, calorie burn, etc you pick, I used it 4 times this past week with walking, using weight loss section videos between 20-40 mins each (1 a day) and lost 5 pounds eating hatred.
  • adbeau77
    adbeau77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are doing Power 90 (sort of a precursor to P90X), and it takes about 35-45 minutes in the morning. I also like the Walk Away the Pounds longer, faster walks.
  • rncrebecca
    rncrebecca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I own the Zumba exhilarate, and I love it. I think that dancing is a great distraction to working out it has 7 DVDs and some suggested work out scheduals. One of the DVDs is a 20 minute for days when your short on time. i find that very benifical.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I like tom holland's total body workout a lot. I have a swiss ball abs and core by adam ford...hip hop abs..... I've found that as I continue with this, these videos are starting points I've been editing to fit my own body.. it's kinda fun..
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are doing Power 90 (sort of a precursor to P90X), and it takes about 35-45 minutes in the morning. I also like the Walk Away the Pounds longer, faster walks.

A friend used this after losing 88 pounds to lose the last 30 pounds to reach her goal and lost it using power 90 in about a month and week or two. I plan to use it once i plateau on my current diet and exercise plan.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I use Comcast workouts they are handy, (if you have Comcast with on demand) you go under sports and fitness, workouts and there are a bunch, yoga, pilates, calorie burn, etc you pick, I used it 4 times this past week with walking, using weight loss section videos between 20-40 mins each (1 a day) and lost 5 pounds eating hatred.

Very Smart!!
  • SuovieFit
    Options
    i love Jillian Michaels' DVDs too! They're great. i feel i'm working EVERYTHING my legs my back arms abs all the time.No more trouble zones i'm still trying to get going on a can't make it through the whole workout but the 30 Day Shred workouts are awesome! only bout 20 min and it really gets you going!
  • jmartinez65
    Options
    Wow..thanks for all the great recommendations!! Will defiantly check them out! :smile:
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    go to collagevideo.com. It is all workout videos. Almost any type you can imagine. They have them rated and you can watch clips and read reviews. Also you can go to mytrainerbob.com. His videos are only $5 each and they are killer. I really like Gilad Janklowicz, Karen Voight and Tamilee Webb.