Question about 30 Day Shred

Options
Are you supposed to do it every day (minus one rest day) or every other day?

I thought, since it's circuit training, maybe it'd be better to only do it every other day to allow your muscle to rest and repair, but so many people seem to be doing it every day.

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    every day for 30 days
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    30 DS is supposed to be every day :)
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Supposed to be everyday, but I think every other day is a better idea.
  • ninnalibra
    Options
    everyday ..no breaks.....todays was my second day ...i have never been this sore ever.....but i have heard d results are fantastic an its jus 25 mins so worth all d soreness.....
  • mickey_weathers
    mickey_weathers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No it's every other day, theres a Jillian Micheals website and it's says with certain ones to do it every other day......& 30DS is listed below it. If you don't then you'll strain your muscles and that's not good. Also if you drink some lite chocolate milk it helps gain your muscles back after a workout!! :] Hope this helped....
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just completed level 1, day 10 (skipped 3 days in between - not on purpose). Already lost about 3-4lbs and an inch off my hips and waist. Can't wait to start level 2 tomorrow. Feel free to add me! :)
  • mickey_weathers
    mickey_weathers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    NinnaLibra, that's not good, take a break every other day you can still workout but only do cardio exercises just not intense. If your sore after one day than that's fine but doing it back to back isn't good it strains your muscles and you'll tear them.....
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I don't know - I'm wanting to start this but I'm now doing personal training 2 days a week, which includes strength training and I don't know if doing the 30 day shred everyday would hurt my muscles more than they are right now. I'll be interested to see all your responses!
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I did a search on this just the other day and read you should do it two days in a row, a day of cardio, two days of Shred, another day of cardio and then a day of rest.

Edit: Here is the thread where I found this info, for what it is worth: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/638516-new-to-30ds?hl=30ds+podcast+rest#posts-9318275

[Quote/]

Jillian Michaels has said in one of her podcasts that the 30DS is not meant to be done consecutively. The poster above me is correct, the Shred schedule looks like this:

Day 1: Shred
    Day 2: Shred
    Day 3: Your own cardio
    Day 4: Shred
    Day 5: Shred
    Day 6: Your own cardio
    Day 7: Rest

Jillian Michaels has also stated that if you feel comfortable enough to move on earlier than 10 days of shred, it's okay. Conversely, you can stick with one level of the shred longer than 10 Shred Days.

[Quote/]
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Supposed to be everyday, but I think every other day is a better idea.

This. I do it every other day. I've actually been doing 4 days of circuit training whether it be 30DS or her kickboxing one and 3 days of walking. Prevents me from being bored out of my mind.
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I got to thinking about this, and tried to find where Jillian says to do it every other day.

My thought is this: It's called 30 day shred. She says in the video (if I remember correctly) to do each level for 10 days. If it were every other day, my feeling is it would have been named differently.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I took one day off per each level. So it took me 33 days, but I saw great results. They probably would have been even greater had I stuck to strict diet, but alas I had a few binge days.