I cant beleave im loseing weight

Options
I cant beleave im loseing weight just by eating all this food, Im on a 1200 calorie and i feel so full, like im eating to much. Would it hurt my body to go down to 800 cal and could i still lose weight?

Replies

• jroselive2012
    Options
    Good job on getting results already!!! I am no doctor, however I've been told that eating too few calories does the opposite of make you lose weight. Your body will start holding onto every ounce it can because it thinks it's starving. I'm impressed though that you feel like 1200 calories is a lot of food! I feel like I'm starving right now, honestly. I'm thinking about food non-stop! What do you do that makes you so full? Maybe I should try it...
  • ksm_623
    ksm_623 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you occasionally don't make your calorie goal, that's okay. However, eating only 800 calories a day for an extended period of time should push your body into starvation mode. If this happens it will hold onto everything possible and possibly start eating away your muscle and turning it to fat stores. 1000-1200 is probably as low as you should go.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    If you're seeing results, keep doing what you're doing. 800 calories per day isn't enough anyway.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it! It sounds like what you are doing is working, so why risk doing something else?
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm using a dietician and she wants me to start around 1800, because if you start too low you will have nothing to move down to! I'm gona drop cals when i hit a plateau to 1600 then to 1400. My dietitian also said to never go below 1200 no matter what It's unhealthy. You will lose weight but then as soon as you start eating normal again your body stores it all in case It's starved again. Do what seems best for you and maybe consider a dietitian or nutritionist. Losing weight is also about eating balanced and healthy I ls st 5 pounds this past week eating good and exercising with two days off! Good luck.