The thing that makes me the MOST self coscious

Options
As you can see from my profile pic, I am a girl with a slight "v cut." This has been the thing about my body that bothers me more than anything else. I want just a straight line from my stomach to my hips without the bulge of my obliques and the v cut. I developed this from 10 years of gymnastics. However, I quit a year and a half ago and I do not do any ab excercises whatsoever anymore yet I still retain this awful shape. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Thanks

And I just realized I spelled "conscious" wrong oops haha

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would kill for that!

If you really don't want to see it, you could gain some body fat- but really it's something to be envied. :flowerforyou:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Your abs are beautiful! I love the look of the "V" on women, I see it as sexy and strong. But I understand that everyone has their own thing that they hate. Perhaps try doing lower body exercises that strengthen the glutes and quads? This may have the effect of visually balancing your lean midsection and give you more of a runner's body look.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!!!!

The V isn't a goal of mine, but I wouldn't be upset if it happened, either. It's not an awful shape. It's beautiful.

The most obvious solution is to not roll your waistband down. :wink:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every girl on my friends list would envy you!!!!

I envy you. Love the V
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    :angry:
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great. I want to slap for you saying that you don't like it. Love it while you got it honey. Cause trust me, age some, have a couple of kids...and you will be kicking yourself for saying you don't like it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think it's freaking awesome. I have a little bit of one myself and am sad that mine isn't visible higher up.

However, the way to get it to go away is to gain fat and hide it.

My thing that I dislike is the excess fat on my thighs.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    a) I like it!!!!!!
    b) It's probably more genetic than muscular development, I would assume
    c) Probably the only way to get rid of it is to gain weight (probably not what you want)
    d) EMBRACE IT! No matter what, EVERYONE has at least one unchangeable thing about their body that they wish could be bigger/smaller/whatever- maybe this is your thing. For me, I have big, "sturdy" legs. Let it be, be zen about it :) And of course, know that many other ladies out there would kill for what you've got!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!!!!

The V isn't a goal of mine, but I wouldn't be upset if it happened, either. It's not an awful shape. It's beautiful.

The most obvious solution is to not roll your waistband down. :wink:

^^ this. you look great! embrace your awesome body!

i personally don't aim to have a v... nor do i aim to have a thigh gap that most women do. ****. i'll just be happy to jiggle just a little less then i do. lol ;)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Why don't you work on the central abs more and complete the look. You'll be the envy of everyone. Obliques are fantastic in my opinion. I think it's going to be the dominant feature in my midsection too. My abs look like one solid piece still but you can see an obvious V already. I think it's part genetics too so just embrace the look because it screams "Fit"
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing your pic on another post and thinking how sexy it is. Embrace it, girl!

Like another person said, it's probably more genetic that it's staying around than anything else. I have those Venus dimples above my butt which I hate, but apparently people think they're sexy.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You want to get rid of this??? Why? After being fat for 20 years, and having a huge hamburger/ beer gut I can see the same cuts coming in on my abs....I think they are a good thing. They make me think I might be able to rock a six pack in summer 2013.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    wear your pants where they belong and it won't be such an issue.
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well thanks everyone! I guess the things that make some people self conscious other people see completely differently...even when I was 20 pounds heavier I still had the same v shape. I guess it is mostly genetic then...and there is probably nothing I can do about it haha
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Embrace those obliques, they are the envy of many! I can understand (at least to an extent) the self-consciousness, but if it makes you feel any better, you'll probably never be judged in a bad way because of it.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You are strong and beautiful and awesome. That "V" going to help you carry your babies later if you choose to have some. It's a good thing. It's protecting your spine and helping you stand tall. If that is your "flaw" try and find beauty in it. Most of us think it's completely badass.
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    I personally think those look divine and wouldn't want to change that.
    Though if you truly want to get rid of it, I'm pretty sure you'd have to increase your body fat percentage but I'm not too sure about that.
  • we3k05
    we3k05 Posts: 6
    Options
    If you hate it, you do. None of us saying we're envious of it or find it crazy sexy is likely to change how you view yourself. I have a similar issue with my thighs touching at the top and having no 'gap'.

I can say that I had over developed obliques (and the rest of my trunk) from doing heavy squats, deads and tons of ab work. I've taken almost 6 months off from heavy weights and focused on cardio and body weight cross-fit type of workouts (subbing rectus ab work for oblique when called for) and *finally* my obliques have shrunk/atrophied enough to be able to find my suprailiac/suprailium skin fold sites.

The things that make me self-conscious are the perennial lack of gap (I could be 90lbs and still not have it) and being very short waisted (2" between rib and hip). Bone structure is to blame for both so I just have to make my peace with it!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    If you hate it why make it your profile pic?
  • Dame_Venus
    Options
    Not sure how to get rid of it.

But I would like to say that I have always admired people who had the V-cut.