Meeting calorie goals but adding weight

I don't know if anyone might have some thoughts on this. Even though we are meeting our goals, I wonder about the choice of food I pick sometimes. And even if I am meeting the goals, could the wrong foods actually put weight on. I guess maybe I should watch the sugar levels, but am wondering if anyone has thought about this.... Thanks...

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    If you open your food diary it would be much easier for people to let you know what you could improve on!
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Yes - refined carbs (white bread, sugar, baked anythng) will inhibit weight loss by raising your blood sugar levels and causing your fat cells to retain fat. Try cutting your carbs in half and raising protein and fiber intake.
  • Hi and thank you for the tip, so question, please: how do I open up the diary? Many thanks, didnt know it was closed! I've not been as good with food lately as I just did a cholesterol check- in and expect to do very well, but since the, have been "celebrating" a bit, perhaps with wrong food.....I'll see if I can figure out how to open diary, but if anyone has ideas....thanks!
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Go to the top of the page to "settings" and go under "Diary settings" at the bottom you can change your diary to public!
  • Thank you!
  • Veggies!

Your breakfasts are actually really good, and your burger with guacamole meal is really good as well. (Ever consider making your own burgers?)

But it seems like you really need more veggies, especially in the evening meals/snack section you are eating a lot of calorie dense things... baked goods and snacks mostly. Try to cut out 200cals or so of those sweet snacks and add veggies instead, whatever you like. I find pickling cucumbers and skinned zuchinni are really good raw. Sometimes I just stick lettuce in my mouth and chew it just to get it down if I'm low on veggies for the day. Kind of like taking a mildly bitter supplement.... a bit annoying but if you eat dinner after or save a few bites, the taste goes away.
  • Pinki,

You are so right. I try to get as many fruits in with my smoothies, but I am sorely lacking in salads and veggies. And yet, when someone makes a good salad, I love it! Thank you so much for your input, I'm going to try to work on this.....hmmm, hope I am not just saying that! I was brought up in a big family of cereals and breads.....thanks!
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    It's great that you're paying attention to what you're consuming and are on this website to aid in your health goals! Thanks for asking for some help.

The one thing I see is that you're not drinking enough water. At least 8 8oz cups of water is necessary to keep your body flushing toxins out of your system. I keep a 20 oz Starbucks Venti cup on hand at all times filled with pure water; it's what helps me keep hydrated!!

All the best on your fitness and health goals! :-)