Managing MFP in a busy life

Options
I would like to just sit back here and read how your life has been positively impacted by MFP. I make time for logging my food, even when I am stuff in meetings all day. I will go home, sit at my computer and just log every bite I can remember for those days. I also make recipes of the veggie dishes I eat every night so I can see the calories and nutritional info. I love being able to scan in food that isn't already in there. Other weight loss online tracking systems do not allow you to do that.

Any tricks you use to keep yourself on track?

Replies

• Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I always carry my tablet with me so I can log and update as I eat. It is a breeze!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am new here,
    but, i love it and feel MFP is helping me focus on my caloric intake,
    and find the very act of logging my food
    every bite, every condiment, every liquid, everything,
    just logging it all,
    is causing changes in how i see my ktichen now.

For first time in my whole life,
    i am becoming aware of how MUCH i eat---> the portion sizes.
    NOW, i at least eyeball the food, if not actually measure it, to be able to log it later on.

I am becoming more aware of calorie-dense foods.
    lol
    i am getting eyes like that scene in the Terminator movie, where the alien guy scans a room and sees numbers/facts/measurements,
    KoDZz.jpg
    that is kind of how i see tables of food now:laugh:
    my eyes look at a table and register this: "item in this bowl is probably about 300 cal per cup, item in this bowl is about 100 ca per cup." etc etc.:laugh:

I am now eager and more eager, to weigh myself, to see if another few ounces has come off yet., focusing on one day at a time, instead of looking at the wholllllllllle pile of weight i have yet to lose.
    I feel good to lose a few ounces:bigsmile: :drinker: :smile: , instead of thinking, "aw geez, i still have 28 more pounds of fat :sad: on me."

I am becoming more focused on, what i eat = what i weigh, and which types of food are best for me.

Becoming aware of how many calories i have left for the day, has helped me (more than once), NOT eat something i normally would have eaten.
    sometimes, late in the evening, i run to computer, log all my food, to see if there are enough calories to eat this snack, or not.

never did THAT before!! ha ha!! i AM going to make to my goal weight, and am going to become a healthier more active person again.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I always carry my tablet with me so I can log and update as I eat. It is a breeze!

i agree, it only takes a few minutes to log my food each day, not a lot of time.....mere minutes.

so worth it.

There is also an MFP cellphone application so one can log as they go along, too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I use the iphone app to help me make better choices at restaurants.
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use the iPhone app to log almost all of my food. I wish that the community stuff was on there, too.