P90X... Day 6 and Im feelin it!

Options
I started P90X last saturday. I wasn't sure if I should do the Lean Calendar or the Classic but I ended up going with the classic. Does anyone know the difference? Also, any pointers for a newbie?? I don't really want to bulk up, I just wanna lose weight and get some abs!! :)

Replies

• sdinsdale
    Options
    The classic seems easier, if there is such a thing with P90X. I've done some of both, started out on the classic, made it a month and a half before a trip to Florida and subsequent cold stopped me, lame excuse but it's mine anyway. Then started back in on the lean, I found it way tougher. Good luck with it, I think it's a very rewarding workout.
  • neno13
    neno13 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing P90X for just over a year now. I have always worked out but this really hits muscles that I would not have normally trained on my own. Advice, I do not follow the program to a T. I mix in cardio with weights and I have gained more lean muscle but at the same time my weight is higher than I would like, that s why I joined this site. I would suggest going through half of the weight training videos. So if the video is 40 min long do 20 with light weight of course. Enough weight where you will feel the burn for the last 3 reps. For the cardio workouts go all out, this should prevent you from bulking up and just getting tone. Remember that these workouts are intense and they will make you hungry so keep that in mind. I just started using Elite Whey Protein to refuel after my workouts. It adds about 177 cals to my daily calorie intake but it has enough protein to help you feel fuller longer.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday on the Lean version. It includes more cardio than strength. Basically what I think is you do less upper body, which is fine with me. One thing I was looking forward to though in P90X was the plyometrics, which I don't really see in the Lean version. I think once I start getting more into shape I will sub Cardio with Plyo sometiimes. It surprises me that someone said the Lean is more difficult, the book says it is slightly less intense. The first workout in the Lean version is Core. I really feel it ALL OVER. Just do your best and forget the rest, I really doubt you will bulk up to your disliking. :flowerforyou:
  • FoxxyGirl84
    Options
    I did the plyometrics yesterday and it kicked my butt! Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to do it full out! I asked a friend who is a P90X guru and he said to do the classic first and then do the lean after as your way to stay in shape... I dont know, Im taking in all the advice I can get.