Options

Replies

• MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My weigh in

sw 172
    current weight 166

Lost 6 whole pounds this week WOOOHOO. Getting close to my goal of 162 by Feb 1 :flowerforyou:

ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!!! KNOCK em dead girl!!!! :)
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Hello!!! Welcome to all the NEWBIES!!!

Well I have not budged on the scale but I figure that is because my body is retaining water at this point! So I realize that all though I am working I am not really going to see to much.

I finally got that Zumba schedule and it is offered at several times during the week and I am so excited to start tomorrow night! It will feel so good to dance around. I am going to bring my heart rate monitor watch to see how many calories I am burning!

If you are a salsa lover please try "Desert Pepper" that brand is the only brand that I have seen with only 25 g of sodium per serving! Salsa is a love of mine and making it fresh means it has to be eaten fairly quickly which can't always be done. Every salsa I have come across has REALLY high soium for one 2 tbsp serving. Anyway I had the Peach Mango flavor and it was FANTABULOUS!!!!

What's your favorite brand of salsa??
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I really have no strong preferences towards salsa brands........ I like them all. I am checking in.... after checking in on Sunday, I did horribly, but am hoping to be back on track now. I have just been in a funk lately and I am hoping it lets up soon... I am thinking of buying a workout DVD, last year I was doing the 30 day shred, but since switching cable companies I no longer have Free on demand:grumble: Does anyone have suggestions on a good video?
  • jeanneisfat
    Options
    Hi all, wow well it's been 8 days since I joined this challenge and am also new to the site. I must say that the food diary is very handy to keep you on track... After a stressful night/morning I went to the local store + bought a fat free french vanilla cappucino... Fat Free~ right, so I go for the 24 oz! Well... before I drink half of it, I list it on my breakfast foods!!! Wow!!! Just because something is fat free doesn't mean it isn't full of calories + carbs! I'm sure you all know this but for those of you that don't I hope this helps you! So I decided to only drink 12 oz of it...

Okay so in 8 days I am down 4lbs. I know it's an acheivement, but like everyone,,, I want faster results. My biggest issue right now is that I weigh myself daily, it's like an addiction. If I gain even an ounce I get discouraged. I know that weight can move around from day to day, + I really should only weigh in once a week or so! I even went so far as to hide the scale, but then I dug it out the next day... It's a sickness I tell you! So If anyone has any suggestions or advice for me... feel free to let me have it!

Glad to see so many people continuing to lose weight, it encourages the rest of us to push on!
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wa-Hoo! I am out of the 250's!!!! I am down 9 lbs since I joined. Wa-Hoo!!!

Faster results? That would be fantastic! However I know that the weight did not get put on overnight, so I am sure it ain't going away overnight..... darn! LOL

Everyone seems to be doing fantastic on here! We have until the 1st of Feb. to lose 10lbs, seems like everyone is on track to me.... Keep up the hard work!

Drink your water! I really think the thing that has helped me, is WATER, WATER, WATER. This past week I have also worked my butt off at the gym.... I decided to focus on cardio for right now, I love doing weights, but I really want the punds gone!!!!

Happy Thursday everyone!!!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.

SW for this challenge was 214.4
    CW: 211.8

Hope everyone is doing well today. :flowerforyou: Have a great weekend!
  • Nicmc8
    Options
    This morning I weighed in and I have reached my first goal of 10lbs lost! Wa-Hoo!!!!
  • jeanneisfat
    Options
    Wow congrats Nic, keep up the great work! :)
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    So I have decided to do the Avon Walk for Cancer it's a 2-day event and we walk 39 miles. Yesterday I went to the gym and walked 4.2 miles - I tried the eliptical and treadmill to give me some variety. But wow you can tell I lost weight if I tried this before I would have been dying. But I feel good - a lil sore..but baby steps. The walk is in July - I am excited but scared I also have to raise $1800 but my friends and family are great and they keep telling me think of it as 180 people and asking them for $10 each. So we shall see how it goes.

Anyways have lost a lil bit more but not checking in until Monday - weekends are always tough and this weekend is no exception 4 football games - 2 parties...

Have an awesome weekend!
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I'm only down 1 lb from last week. Not getting the quick results I'd hoped for but I'm working out every day (and my muscles are sore), meeting my calorie goals so there isn't much more I can do.

I just have to accept this is not a "fast fix" but a process that could take a while. harumph! :frown:

Oh well, I guess I'll get there eventually!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
    My starting weight for the month was 194
    As of thursday i am at 190.5
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This morning I weighed in and I have reached my first goal of 10lbs lost! Wa-Hoo!!!!

Wow great job. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.:flowerforyou:
  • holly122677
    Options
    My weigh in for week 2

SW 172
    CW 164

Only 2 more lbs before I reach my goal for the month.. btw thanks MindoverMatter.....the support means the world :happy:
  • Nicmc8
    Options
    Wow congrats Nic, keep up the great work! :)

THANK YOU!
  • Nicmc8
    Options

Wow great job. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.:flowerforyou:

THANK YOU!
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    WOW, where has this week gone! Just realized I have not posted since Monday! I have not been feeling to hot, but I feel a little better today! I have not budged on the scale but TOM started yesterday and I tend to retain a whole week prior to it! I am hopeful of a good number on Sunday.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Monday:

Starting weight 232
    Starting weight on this challenge 223, 1-11-2010
    today 220, 1-18-2010
    3 pounds down, goal is 10 pounds by 2-11-2010
    I'll take three :smile:
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Ok its Monday and I am ready to start my week on a good note! I have my day mapped out and I am ready to just "Get Ur Done" LOL!!! LETS GO!!! :)
  • tcaldsimon
    Options
    HI Everyone -
    I had weigh in today and I've hit my 10lb challenge for this month! I'm down 11.5 lbs. It feels great! Let's all keep up the solid work!
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Wow - okay I am late in checking in I feel like the scale is stuck..maybe broken..ha ha. :grumble:

SW for this challenge - 207.4 ( i think- can't remember at this moment)
    CW 205.0

So only 2.4 pounds down - I am having a tough time:angry: - I thought of water weight - has anyone tried those natural diuretics? Any luck or thoughts? - It says it's not a perm fix but to use during that time of the month.

I usually walk at lunch to add a bit more exercise to my day but it's storming outside (northern california) so won't be doing that today or tomorrow. :frown:

Anyhoo - thanks for those of ya'll who like the new pic - I had time at work to add it. :bigsmile: