Favorite Running App

Options
What is your favorite running app for a smart phone?

Replies

• Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not a runner....yet, but I love the Nike +. Works for my walks too. For learning to run I am using Active.com's C25K app.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    on the iphone ... Called Get Running. I really like it and helped me get my 5k well under 30 mins
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Podrunner. Free hour long music mixes at various tempos. I really draw energy from music which is a must when I'm running. The music is a mix of non vocal club, house techno music with a very strong beat to power your running. LOVE IT!
  • TallCurvyMuscles
    Options
    Thanks yall. I am using runtastic but its kinda off on the distance I noticed. Will look into the apps suggested.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Endomondo

Simple C25K

Zombies Run!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Map My Run because you can log runs, walks, bike rides, etc. all in one place
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zombies, Run! I''m getting impatient waiting for them to put out the updated mission set, I spaced the initial 40 out in my workout plan as much as I could but still finished them all and am now left wanting more........awesome, fun, smart app.

I use Endomondo Pro on my iPhone every workout.
  • evans3511
    Options
    I started running using the Nike+ with the sensor in the shoe. Only worked with the ipod. Upgraded last year to an ipod touch and downloaded the Nike+ GPS app on my touch and it works GREAT! They have recently released it for android phones, which I have. It lets me keep up with total miles, tells me my splits, posts to my facebook when I begin a run and finish and has challenges and personal records for me to try and beat. I have tried some of the other apps but didn't like any of them as much as I like this one.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Nike+running! Love it!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    Endomondo! It's the only one that I liked well enough to pay for the premium version. It works for all sports and it has has an excellent online community as well.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    SportyPal
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out doing intervals but I have tried these 3:

If you're looking for one for tempo, try Lolo Beatburn Treadmill. Matches songs on your iPod to the speed of running. Kind of like Couch 2 5K but gives you the right beats per minute - speeds the music or slows it down to match the interval speed.

C25K is good. But I like Lolo better.

Zombies, Run is good and funny.
  • davidep21
    davidep21 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Allsport GPS...it has several activities you can log and store
  • zemry1
    zemry1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nike +GPS!
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nike +. Works on my I-pod, not my phone but it is the best and gets you hooked into various running communities.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper because it's the one most of my friends and family use.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+running. Love it.
  • tdlsaint
    tdlsaint Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide between Runkeeper and Nike+ . Runkeeper has a much better functionality but Nike+ has some really cool features that I wish Runkeeper had, or I wish Nike+ would adapt a couple of things that Runkeeper has. Overall, I'd have to say Runkeeper beats out Nike+ , but it's an extremely close comparison
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    MapMyRun for iPhone. I've run an 8k, 2 half-marathons and a full marathon with my iPhone strapped to my arm.

Couple it with bluetooth ear buds and get real-time feedback on your pace/time/distance every 1/2 mile (or whatever you set it at).

I don't run without it!
  • KayoFitnesspal
    Options
    Runkeeper is great, probably the best. Absolute value for money; Free! With your phone's GPS, it tracks your distance, calculates calories and gives you voice prompt. Combine it with one of the Fitness classes (paid) they have online and you can't go wrong.