what tablet do you own, if any?

Options
Graelwyn75
Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
I just got a Google nexus 7 which I am typing on now and love it. Ideal size for laying in bed online before sleep. Used to want an iPad and may get one at a later date but this will do me for now and sure beats the 99 quid Chinese jobby I had befoee .

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I've got the NookColor with N2A (nook to android) card. Had I known they were coming out with a tablet at the time...
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Just received my 10" Samsung Galaxy Tab. Wanted one for ages but didn't want to pay RRP. Saw them online for something like 40% cheaper than retail and couldn't say no :)

Used to have an iPad2 but it's inability to properly multitask internet applications (couldn't switch between a browser and something like Skype/MSN Messenger without the chat program disconnecting) got on my nerves so I gave it to my parents. They loved it and use it daily and take it with them when travelling overseas.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yeah I also looked at the Samsung galaxy and was tempted but size wasn't appropriate for my current needs.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Asus transformer with the removable keyboard. It's a laptop mini, it's tablet, it's a mini, it's a tablet. I love it.
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    xoom and iPad 2 and 3 :love: Love my iPads, but the xoom is great for the things iPad just won't do. :drinker:
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I had trouble deciding between the Galaxy 7 & 10 inch models. It gets most use on the train going to and from work/gym and also to use when I'm feeling lazy and cbf getting out of bed. Decided the few extra inches was worth it :)
  • Techn0mancer
    Options
    I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7")
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have the New iPad (3rd) and hubby has the Kindle Fire. His Fire was an eReader with internet ability which he has morphed into a tablet that can be used to read ebooks.

I like both, but his Fire is bulkier than my Kindle Keyboard so it's too heavy IMO to read with. But my iPad can do more faster than his Fire, but it's bulkier than his.

Wouldn't mind the Galaxy Tab, just to have it!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Started out with a cheap web enabled e-reader, moved over to a 7" Blackberry Playbook (which is so-so and my go to for complete portability) but overall prefer my iPad2.

The Ipad2 has a larger screen and is more serviceable for most tasks. As mentioned, multitasking isn't really an option... but for me the reality is if I need multitasking, I'd be better serviced with a laptop anyways.

Cheers!
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    ipaid 3
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    iPad Original and iPad 2. I use the iPad Original for personal purposes and iPad 2 for my work since they bought it for me. I like the iPad 2 since I have a great keyboard with it. I'm thinking about the 3 but may wait for the 4.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A 2nd generation iPad for the apps (music making mostly) and books.

I picked up a HP Touchpad for $99 in the firesale a while ago. It's a bit clunky but good for running both WebOS and Android.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Playbook. Perfect size and functionality.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Love my Kindle Fire! Lying in bed talking to you on it now!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I've had the Samsung Galaxy 10.1" and loved it, but realized that I really didn't need one that big so I now have the 7" Plus (the gen 2 if you will) and use it all the time. I find the size easier to carry around with me and I can put it in my back pocket. Great for reading or browsing or what ever. I do have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard that I sync with it when I need to type on it a lot for notes and such. My wife has the "gen 1" 7" Galaxy Tab and she loves it as well.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Toshiba thrive. I use it a lot and I got a pink backplate for it :-p its cool because it has ports for like every type of card and USB....
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I have a Kindle Fire but honestly they need to fix some issues like no SD slot and not enough internal memory. It streams great and games are cool but it is always full
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    I own a notepad and a pencil! Haha, don't need a pad, I can do whatever from my iPhone.
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a BlackBerry Playbook. I like the form factor, and as I am already familiar with the BlackBerry environment (I have a BlackBerry phone), it made sense for me. It doesn't have as many games or whizbang doodads as an iPad, but since I'm mostly using it as an e-reader with Internet browsing functionality, I don't need all that. And it was hard to argue with the $199 price tag. :)

=Betty=
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    10 inch Acer Iconia, love it, my hubby wanted my IPad so he got me the tablet, crosses over into pretty much everything I do.