Tough Mudder Experience...

Options
I'm doing my first Tough Mudder in Tahoe next month and I was wondering what other people's experiences have been? Both during the race and with training. Or any advice? I'm doing it with just one other person, since everyone else who said they were interested decided not to actually sign up. I am pretty active but do not feel prepared at all haha :noway:

Replies

• CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    bump. I am doing the same thing
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm not ready for that yet. I just started the C25K today. I do intend on doing one when I get into better shape. They look like a lot of fun! :bigsmile:
  • CortneyDub
    CortneyDub Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've done a few other mud runs but this one will definitely be more difficult...you'd be surprised the things you can do when you just throw yourself into it :) sooo, on the one hand i know i'll survive but i can't help but be nervous of course
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Congrats on registering and not backing out! I am signed up for the TM in AZ in Feb. 2013. The best advise I have heard is doing trail runs, and high intesity workouts. I began Insanity/P90X Hybrid training to prepare. Best of luck in your TM experience.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    You'll luv it, tough mudder is a good starter mud-run. I'll be doing yet another one in December (run for your lives) and Spartan Sprint next spring can't wait!!
    Bring towels, and extra clothes and Water (gallons) for in case the water pressure at the showers sucks so you can rinse off better. Wear capris or pants becuase it helps your knees with crawling in tunnels and under the barbed wire. Also take your time, as I always say it's better to slow down, than rush and get hurt. Screw the sissies who didn't do it with you they don't know how much fun they are missing
  • CortneyDub
    CortneyDub Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips, I know it will be fun. I'm in a state of excitement mixed with nervousness haha