cybex question

Options
I don't know if anyone else uses a machine they have at Planet Fitness made by Cybex. It is an elliptical, Treadmill, and stair stepper all in one. I have been using it and love the work out it gives me also it burns a lot of calories. My brother and I were talking and I want to make sure the calories the machine is saying are acurate. I did a 40 minute workout (high inter.) and burned 600 calories. That is the number the machine said so thats what I am inputting into MFP. Should I worry it is wrong??

Replies

• Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Are you putting your weight into the machine as well? If so it should be alright accuracy wise. Not perfect but good enough :) I have been losing steadily a pound a week with what I have been inputting for calories burned from my workouts and the calories I am consuming in food.
  • Cristen17
    Cristen17 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am putting my weigh in. I hope its accurate. I have still be losing, but I don't want to short change myself thinking I am buring calories that I'm not. I know it won't be 100% accurate but I am hoping it is close.
  • jbrann911
    Options
    I have been working out at Planet Fitness on an Arc trainer at my local club for 2 months now. I have built up to a full 60 minutes all at once after doing (3) 20 minute sets with a few minutes in between. I do question the work out now though I use a trainer that the highest incline is 10 and the highest resistance is 100. I do my full 60 minutes on the max incline and highest resistance I burn 1100 calories according to the machine in an hour. Recently I went to a new Planet Fitness nearby that has a newer Arc trainer whose max incline is 20 and the resistance is 100 on this machine in order to burn more than 1000 calories I felt I had to workout twice as hard. I am unable to find out what the actual mathmatical calculation programed into these machines is - does anyone know??

It bothered me initially but in retrospect I am get major results with my workout June 17th 2012 I weighed 280lbs was heaviest ever in my life. Now 2 months later I am down to 221 lbs wearing clothes I haven't fit into in 3 years. Those clothes fit better than they ever did because I am toning body differently.