Jillian michaels 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• MizzouChick1985
    Options
    I just started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd......20 minutes felt like an eternity....day 1 of many.
  • KWNurse
    KWNurse Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We have a group started, it is only day 6...don't buy, there is a link on you tube for all 3. So far I am loving it!
  • naeramirez
    Options
    just did day seven of level 1 :D it was hard at first but by day 4 or 5 it gets easier i love it
  • nagniho
    nagniho Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Is there a Youtube link for Ripped in 30 as well? am going on vacation and would like to try it then.
  • kyomoon
    kyomoon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh, and I really hate to say this out loud... 290lbs and I just did 20 minutes of 30DS Level 1 for the first time... and I need to throw up! I couldn't do the jumping jacks as done in the video BUT i did to a modified jumping jack... the modified push ups damn near killed me! I did as many as I could...

I will do this again tomorrow and keep on doing Level 1 until I can get through the WHOLE DAMN THING!!! :grumble:

Does anyone know how I add it to my exercise diary?
  • mayapriljune
    Options
    I have done it before but it didn't do much for me, I think I am going to start it up again Monday and add additional cardio workouts and see what happens, I'm excited to see what happens, I hope I can stay motivated
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I did it in April- the beginning of my weight loss journey. Now that I've lost some weight- might try to do it this time and stick with it. I've been doing Turbo Jam great for beginners out of shape & fun ( very addictive).
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    If anyone has the youtube links that is mentioned on any of these workouts, please send them as a message to me. I would like to try them out also. Are any of these available on netflicks?
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I may be the only person that didn't care for it.... I still have it, and use it on days I don't feel like doing a long work out. It was a greaaaaaat workout, don't get me wrong, always kicks my *kitten*! But day 3-4 in... I'm bored to tears doing the same old thing... to each their own I guess :)
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    the videos are incredilbly cheap ($10 at wal-mart) and so worth the money. i have done the entire 30-day shred twice. matter of fact, i just finished my second round this past friday (17th). the first time i was a whiny ***** through the whole thing. "waa, my thighs hurt," "the moves are too hard." i didn't lose anything - inches or weight. i slacked. i wasn't eating the right foods.

once i got off my *kitten* and realized change is only going to happen if i make it happen, i jumped back on the bandwagon. another round, this time with weekends off to do what i wanted, i managed to lose 9.75 total inches overall and 4.2 lbs. i'm a chunky girl. i sweated and groaned and did the entire workout. 2 weeks on each level. it worked fine for me. the aches are due to targeting some seriously-needed yet under-worked muscles for me. i'm bottom-heavy so my thighs caught the brunt of it.

ultimately, it's up to you. i don't recall being yelled at and i think the price is super-fair for what you're going to get out of it. try it. work it into your life. you might not like it full-time, but it is a great help on strengthening up the entire body.

she has worked for me so well that i'm starting 6-week 6-pack monday. best of luck to you.
  • ashharris424
    ashharris424 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I personally really like this video. It works you really hard, especially if you're out of shape. I did find it to get a bit boring and repetitive after a while though. I started switching between levels just so I didn't burn out. It's going to take you a while to get used to so don't be surprised if for the first few days, you would rather stand because your thighs hurt too much to sit! lol.
    As for results, the first time I tried it (sadly, I've started and given up on this a number of times) I actually had some great results. Lost 10-15 pounds and quite a few inches. I've been doing it a little over a month now (about 5-6 times a week) and while I haven't seen much movement on the scale, I have shed quite a few inches. I try to work in a little more cardio along with it because I feel so much better after a good cardio workout. 6 minutes just doesn't quite do it for me. I've also done Biggest Loser Cardio Max. The only thing I didn't like is that Bob does Level 1 and I just can't get into his workouts. I may pick that one back up and just see if I can start on Level 2 which is Jillian's level.
    One other thing is, I get really tired of hearing Jillian talk so much. lol! I usually put on some upbeat music and turn her down really low to where I can just barely hear when I need to switch to the next exercise.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I bought it this Spring off of ebay for about $9.00. I used it for a while and then the weather got nice out, so I started riding bike and walking a lot. It was raining today and I had just done a short workout with Tae Bo, but wanted more time with a video so I decided to do this again. It was tough, especially after the Tae Bo, but definitely good. I had a fan blowing on me the whole time on low...lol. I may just try to do it more often now that it has cooled off more. I try to vary my workouts though. It is a lot of fun to be doing it once in a while.
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Level 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

Level 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdJ9jJv594

Currently on level 2, and really enjoying it. Definitely getting stronger and losing inches in all the right places. It is an awesome workout, leaves me drenched in sweat every time.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I weigh, and I really hate to say this out loud... 290lbs and I just did 20 minutes of 30DS Level 1 for the first time... and I need to throw up! I couldn't do the jumping jacks as done in the video BUT i did to a modified jumping jack... the modified push ups damn near killed me! I did as many as I could...

I will do this again tomorrow and keep on doing Level 1 until I can get through the WHOLE DAMN THING!!! :grumble:

Good for you!! Those aren't easy things to get through!! She does a lot of jumping jacks. I did it today and added it as like 26 minutes of calisthenics. The one that said pushups etc in it.
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I usually just put it in as aerobics, high impact OR circuit training. Both come out to about the same calorie wise.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You can get all 3 levels free on youtube and if you have a bluray player you may even be able to get it on your Tv like I do :)
  • _dream_day_
    Options
    I started it on august 1st but that only lasted for a week and i really liked and am thinking about starting it agin!
  • makani_raine
    makani_raine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just bought the DVD tonight and I'm excited to start! I'm hoping I can stick to it and get my big butt into shape. I'm sick of being fat.
  • lizzie1030
    Options
    I prefer No More Trouble Zones also and since it's not cardio, you can rotate it with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which is all cardio. They both run at about 50 minutes, which include warm up and cool down. She is more straightforward in these videos also and doesn't yell as much.
  • SusanTMI
    SusanTMI Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in day 17 of the 30 day shred and have lost nothing. I've reduced my calorie intake and I am also walking 2 miles a day on top of this. .. and noting. Not sure what else I can do.