sugar intake...

Options
am i the only one always going over or is that common with everyone?

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    yup, you can modify it or ignore it though.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I seem to go over a lot as well. I subconsciously try to limit my sugar intake a bit more because of it though, so I just keep it the way it is instead of modifying it.
  • stacyhagberg
    Options
    I go over mine every day. I eat a lot of fruit, though, which is why.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    unless you are diabetic, you're safe to just take it off. don't bother tracking it at all. just track carbs -- which break down into sugar molecules once in your system -- and keep in calorie limit. you'll be fine.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    am i the only one always going over or is that common with everyone?

Change your settings. If you are tracking carbs overall, you don't need to worry about sugar, unless you have a medical condition that requires you to do so.
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm always wayyyyy over
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    unless you are diabetic, you're safe to just take it off. don't bother tracking it at all. just track carbs -- which break down into sugar molecules once in your system -- and keep in calorie limit. you'll be fine.

diabetics pay more attention to carbs
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i started tracking sugar out of curiosity, I'm not diabetic or anything. always a little under on my carbs though
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I watch mine and I'm always over. Crap sugar constipates me. Natural fruit doesn't bother me at all. I just want to track how I'm feeling day to day against my sugar intake.

I have cut way back on the sugar and am noticing quite an improvement. Losing weight and feeling better all the time.
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat fruits. So yeah, I go over every day.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I watch mine and I'm always over. Crap sugar constipates me. Natural fruit doesn't bother me at all. I just want to track how I'm feeling day to day against my sugar intake.

I have cut way back on the sugar and am noticing quite an improvement. Losing weight and feeling better all the time.

Just so you know, that's because of the extra fiber in the fruit, not the sugar. The sugar molecules are exactly the same, either way. Added sugars are still 100% natural sugars, no different than what you find in fruits. The process for making refined sugar is really no different than the process of making honey or maple syrup, it just comes from a different plant (sugar cane, beets, or maize.)
  • JustiineMR
    JustiineMR Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am over every day, was wondering the same thing! I have no medical issues that make me need to track them just thought it was a good idea.. it makes me stay a little more concious of how much sugar I eat during the day but I still always go over.
  • lav4
    lav4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was told recently that I am pre-diabetic. I was told to drink more water vs. sugary drinks and walk. I have been drinking more water. One of my knees needs to be replaced, so walking tends to be difficult, even though I did start to walk through the house at a faster pace 2-3X a day for 10 minutes each, however, that lasted only about a week because I was not sure whether there was any benefit to that or not. Out of curiosity, I started tracking sugar, but have found that I go over everyday. Even if I eat fruit, I go over, as fruit tends to be high in sugar. Should I worry about the sugar in fruit? I need some guidance in this area, please.