"Saving" my calories for drinking tonight... is that bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Mr Sassypants.

My personal favorite!

YAAAAAAAAY hahaha

MrMcSass
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with this :)
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I do that too somedays. Its not wrong at all!! i plan on drinking tonight! and somedays i just log beer as my dinner. lol!!! at least I'm honest about it!!!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    As long as it isn't a frequent thing then you would be fine. Before I decided to stop drinking alcohol I would always make sure to still hit my macro requirements and save the rest of my calories for the alcohol.
  • CatLambee
    Options
    It's not bad at all! I'd suggest eating a lot of vegetables and fruit over the day, and a couple hours before the tasting/party you should have some carbs and protein. Then drink up whatever you have left! Just don't let it become a habit, haha. ;)
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You're not doing it all the time so why not?!? I did a few weeks ago and enjoyed all my drinks!
  • AGGUK73
    AGGUK73 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As long as it isn't a frequent thing then you would be fine. Before I decided to stop drinking alcohol I would always make sure to still hit my macro requirements and save the rest of my calories for the alcohol.

I've regularly done this every weekend & still lost approx a 1lb a week & considering I only had 12 to lose to begin with, that's not bad going. I make sure I'm really good in the week & then relax over the weekend & have a drink. I'm English so it's what we do best ;)
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Meh. I do the same. It's probably not "good" but we can't stop ourselves from enjoying life just to lose weight. Everything in moderation!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    haha this reminds me of some people I saw in Chili's once. It was a Friday night and the girl said to her friend, "I'm surprised you didn't order the hamburger like you usually do." She goes, "I'm planning on going out and getting wasted later." haha

Oh and did I mention they had this conversation in front of one of their children... classy.

To answer your question, I think it's fine. Just remember to drink responsibly and be safe. :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Plan is to eat just enough carbs and protein to help manage the alcohol intake but beyond that... saving for the beer and whiskey tasting that I'm hosting. Then lots of water... always hydrate and the next day goes so much better.

Is that a bad thing?

What would you "save" your calories for?

Cheers :drinker:
    booze! duh, oh and chocolate cake:laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you do what u gotta do! Sometimes a trip to Margaritaville is really helps...:laugh: :drinker:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I did that, only to find that there were no alcoholic beverages being served at the wedding I went to. Oh well.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Psssh, I've totally done that.

Vodka shots are also my answer to low calorie drinking.
  • sofaaakingcool
    Options
    I think it's OK. Drinking and being on a diet is hard, so I respect you if you try to even stay within your calorie range haha
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    in my world alchohol calories dont count!!!! if i m haveing aone or two beers/wines i'll count them.. but if im out for a big night, i dont even bother, as long as its not a daily/weekly occurance i think you'll be fine

enjoy!! loosing weight is a lifestyle change, we still have to "live", if we deny ourselves of everything, then we wont be able to sustain long term dedication and motviation (just an opinion)
  • clockley
    Options
    I read about this the other day, -I believe the term for doing this alot is "Drunkorexic" :-). Having said that, I quite deliberately went on a long and intense walk this afternoon so I could have a couple of glasses of wine after dinner! As others have said, -better to watch that you've managed your macronutrients well and do some extra exercise to make up for the plonk:-)
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I did that, only to find that there were no alcoholic beverages being served at the wedding I went to. Oh well.

Now that's totally depressing!! lol

I see absolutely nothing wrong with keep some cals aside for alcohol - we've still got to live our lives!

*heads off for a glass of red while cooking dinner*
  • microburst20
    Options
    This was my reply to- demon drink , what to do about alcohol- (another thread open right now)

I save some calories all week if I think I might want to have drinks on a weekend evening. Since I already measure food portions it was easy to measure alcohol for drinks. 2 ounces of liquour is a quarter cup and apprx. 160 calories. I mix it with diet soda. I also save some of that days calories for healthy snacks to go with- such as baked corn tortillias-(not chips) and salsa or airpopped popcorn. Then eat, drink, and be merry commences with no regrets the next day. I dont think I could stick to healthy eating long term if I couldnt have some drinks when I wanted. I have cut down on the amount and how often. It just seemed to happen naturally when I started holding myself accountable for what I consume.
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm doing that tonight, I even have them logged in, because I know EXACTLY what I will be drinking: one sazerac and on French 75... mmmm it's been awhile :)