Question for the ladies

Options
I was just curious. If I am drinking my 8+ servings of water a day, will I still have to take into consideration that I will have water weight gain during "that time of the month" anyway?

Replies

• breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Yeah, probably! That is just our lot to bear :cry: I try to up my wter during TOM but stillhave water weight.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I try to drink at least 12 cups of water during TOM. I also try to cut sodium and increase fiber and I've been lucky lately, I haven't had more than 0.5 pound increase that could be water weight.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Most likely, you will still have water weight. Don't stress out about it too much, it will eventually come off if you are drinking your water and sticking to a decent sodium intake!
  • twilight_fan
    Options
    ok so this may sound funny, but i never used to drink water i hated it, now for the past 3 days i drink about 6-8 glasses of water a day and im constantly runing to the bathroom, but im wondering is it saposed to make you ummm how do i say this.. ** regular* more then usual? do you know what im asking?:blushing:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    ok so this may sound funny, but i never used to drink water i hated it, now for the past 3 days i drink about 6-8 glasses of water a day and im constantly runing to the bathroom, but im wondering is it saposed to make you ummm how do i say this.. ** regular* more then usual? do you know what im asking?:blushing:

It can. So can just eating healthier.

I still gain about 2lbs during the beginning of TOM. I know many people on here don't even bother recording their weight during that time. Don't stress about it, the water weight usually comes off as fast as it comes.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    im constantly runing to the bathroom

This too shall pass. Once your body gets used to the increased water intake, your bladder will adapt and it'll get better.:bigsmile:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Finally...something good about being past all that!

Keep on drinking :drinker: it helps in so many ways.

Amazing how much cheaper 'dining out' is when you only order water!
  • Mandillynn
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your imput! lisawest is right when she says that frequent trips to the bathroom will pass. I was going to the bathroom for my first week all the time. It's been 13 days now since I've been drinking water like crazy, and my body has adjusted. I also heard that when you drastically change your diet like most of us have, it can make your cycle different from what you're used to. Also heard that if you drink lots of water during, it decreases cramps (this came from my anatomy instructor today... lol).