2»

Replies

• audreygonzy
    Options
    bump
  • MarisaLWood
    MarisaLWood Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    +1 for baked eggplant parmigiana... that probably is my favorite right there!

I also love Thai Spicy Eggplant (basically a spicy stir-fry with eggplant, bell peppers, and Thai basil), and often order it at Thai restaurants. Here is one recipe for it:

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/thai-spicy-eggplant-with-sweet-basil/
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Mediterrain eggplant
    Peel and dice the eggplant and saute in olive oil
    add cinnamon, cumin and corriander lemon juice and some fresh garlic and if need be some more garlic powder to taste it is really good eat it with pita bread Yummy!!!!
  • slc3568
    slc3568 Posts: 15
    Options

I just made it a few nights ago. It was DELICIOUS and only 339 calories! :D
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping for more recipes...thank you to everyone that added one :)
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/more-surprises-shockers-and-swaps-veggie-rific-noodle-free-lasagna-recipe

Veggie-rific Noodle-free Lasagna

Here it is cut and pasted:

Veggie-rific Noodle-Free Lasagna

PER SERVING (1/4th of lasagna): 265 calories, 4.5g fat, 926mg sodium, 32.5g carbs, 11g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 24g protein -- PointsPlus® value 6*

Prep:
    30 minutes

Cook:
    1 hour

Ingredients

3 medium zucchini, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
    1 large portabella mushroom, sliced into strips
    1 large eggplant, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
    2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1/4 tsp. onion powder
    1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
    One 16-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, thoroughly drained, patted dry
    2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
    1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
    1/4 tsp. salt
    Dash ground nutmeg
    1 cup ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the kinds by Boca and Morningstar Farms), thawed from frozen
    1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
    Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Lay several paper towels next to the stove. (As you cook the veggies in the next step, transfer them to the paper towels to drain excess moisture.)

Bring a very large grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Evenly place zucchini, portabella mushroom, and eggplant in the pan, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes per side. (If you don't have a very large pan, just cook veggies in batches.) Set aside on paper towels.

In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Mix well and set aside.

In another large bowl, combine spinach, egg substitute, ricotta cheese, basil, salt, and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

Evenly coat the bottom of an 8" X 8" baking pan with about half of the seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly layer half of the sliced veggies over the tomatoes. Spread half of the spinach mixture into an even layer over the veggies. Top evenly with soy crumbles.

Evenly layer remaining veggies into the pan, placing them perpendicular to the first layer, followed by the remaining spinach mixture. Evenly cover with remaining seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese and grated topping over the crushed tomatoes.

Bake in the oven until lasagna is hot and mozzarella cheese is golden brown, about 30 minutes.

Allow to cool slightly, cut into quarters, and enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

This sounds very YUMMY and quite filling. Thanks!!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I've been wantin to try eggplant- so bump for later :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So funny I like to try something new everytime I go shopping, and I picked up an eggplant!
  • jkingonline
    Options
    Sounds lovely :- )
  • smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    I love any of them as long as there is plenty of meat in it and no eggplant.
  • taaaters
    taaaters Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm only just starting to like eggplant, so will have to try some of these suggestions.
  • Leslie4834
    Leslie4834 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump. Bumpin bumpin bumpin she is always bumpin haha i love people. :)
  • phard53
    phard53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the great ideas.
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    Vegetarian Moussaka:
    http://www.culinaryadventuresinthekitchen.com/2012/02/08/785/

It's seriously amazing, my father even ate it and loved it and he never eats my "healthy" food.

and this one is great too
    Eggplant and Tomato Chutney:
    http://cooking-books.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-and-easy-baked-eggplant-with.html

It's so simple with minimal ingredients but the taste and flavor is out of this world.
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Very simple, I select a nice evenly thick eggplant and cut slabs to marinate and grill as burgers.
  • bworman8
    Options
    bump
  • MissSaraMarie
    MissSaraMarie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • memi79