How often do you weigh in...

Options
I know there are recommendations that you limit your weigh-ins to once a week. But I can't halp climbing on the scale every morning just to see where I'm at. If I'm down I'm elated. If I'm steady, or a little up I can be a little bummed.

How often do you weigh in?

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once per week.
  • Aplmark
    Aplmark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey Brent,

I do the same thing but on the days it's up I remind myself that it's a lifestyle change not a diet., and that if I keep it up the weight will continue to come off.
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but not because I should, but because I think I'm obsessed with my weight, but in the end, it's just disappointing because I'm up one pound, then down one pound and the day after, back up again. Ugh!!!

Weekly would be my advise....it's what I should be doing, but I still can't help myself :)
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I weight in every other day
    But this is really all about the measurements for me not the pounds. I take my weight into account every fifth day though.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I remind myself that it's a lifestyle change not a diet., and that if I keep it up the weight will continue to come off.

That is a great thing to remind yourself too
  • muffinwench
    muffinwench Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Every day. And I write it down. I wish I only did it once a week. Maybe one day.
  • adawndowning
    Options
    I weigh daily but only record my weigh every Monday.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in every day and then would spend the day overthinking why the scale went up by a half pound... So I only weigh once a week to keep myself sane. I keep the scale in the linen closet and only take it out on weigh in days. Out of sight, out of mind! Plus, I'd rather see a full 1-2 pounds come off a week than .2 here, .4 there. It's so much more rewarding!
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Daily, even if I shouldn't :noway: at least every day I'm at the gym so about 5x a week...

I only track it weekly, though.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Every day, I love it, but it doesn't work for everyone.
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    Everyday except wk of period. My weight fluctuates so there's really no point.
  • walker54
    walker54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only record my weigh every Monday.

Me too. I record my weight and measurements every Friday, and that helps me keep perspective on the ups and downs during the week. As long as the numbers that I record on Friday are going in the right direction, I don't worry about the daily numbers.
  • athminbri
    athminbri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday also. I do it to see how much my weight fluctuates, especially when I eat high sodium foods, when I am on my period, etc. I have also read psychological studies (I am a psych student) that suggest people who weigh daily are more likely to keep the weigh off than those who don't. I think what matters more is how does it make you feel. If seeing the weight fluctuate depresses you, don't do it. When I see my weight go up one day, I tend to eat better that day. I don't let it upset me though. I read somewhere else that you can weigh daily then calculate your average weight for the week and use that as your "official" weight. I guess whatever works for you is the right way to do it! LOL
  • sisterphonetica
    sisterphonetica Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. More often than that might be disheartening as there are daily fluctuations.
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    i use to weigh myself everyday aswell just force yourself to not weigh everyday believe me i know its hard but once you do it for one week everytime after that is so much easier leaving it for a full week has more advantages too cos you see a bigger number at the end and you get the anticipation of did i lose anything?! and then the overwhelming excitement when you have!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Once a weeek :)
  • bumblebot
    bumblebot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but I have a weekly "weigh in day" (Friday morning) which I use as a focal point. I go up and down daily, but as long as I'm down (even by the tiniest amount) from Friday to Friday then I'm happy. x
  • Jayne1992
    Options
    i weigh myself weekly, every thursday. its hard to do as i always want to hop on the scales each morning to see if ive lost anything. however i feel its much more rewarding to see a proper weight loss once a week than up and down each day :smile:
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Daily - I find it helps me with accountability (and have for the 6 years I have been on this journey)
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times a day, curiosity. I record once a day, the one right in the morning. When I go up in weight I do not get sad or beat myself up. I want to know my patterns. It doesn't always make sense to me. It simply is whatever it is that it is.