Hi!

Options
Hi Everyone

I'm Lauren, I started my local gym on the 10th January 2010, my weight lose plan is starting to go spinning 4 times a week at 45 minutes per time plus after each session go round the gym doing weights and toning exercises for between 30-45 minutes a time after. I will also be going to the gym Saturday and Sundays for general workout round the gym for an hour each time then another 45 minutes weights and toning each time my weekly weigh ins take place on sundays also.

I'm currently 78kg in weight, 5'7" in height i'm currently 24 years old i'm wanting to get down to 60-63kg which i've seen is the ideal weight for my age plus i want to lose my belly and all the lumps and bumps that go with it! lol

I decided to see if there was any applications on my iphone that could help me and i came across an aplication Myfitness pal so far i think its a great idea for keeping track of everything.

I'm currently aiming to consume less then a 1000 calories per day not including any exercise i do, although fitness pal says my calorie goal per day is 1200 i just like to be a bit more thorough! Ive stopped snacking altogether and only eat lunch and dinner im not a breakfast person never have been!

Im hoping to see results fairly soon!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you are working out that much you will have to eat a lot more. No one should consume less than 1200 cals, on days you don't work out you should aim for that as a minimum, and start eating breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it kick starts your metabolism and will aid in weight loss.
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Lauren and welcome! First of all Good for you that you are committed to working out and getting yourself in shape. That is definitely a step that will get you where you want to be. BUT!!! I think that eating only 1000 calories a day is NOT good for you. Please go to the message boards and search for "Newbies please read me". This post has a lot of good information for "newbies" on how to feed your body that is healthy and will help you lose weight. 1000 calories sounds really low and you could really end up doing yourself more harm than good. Please read the links in that post. I think it may really help you to make some healthy choices.:flowerforyou:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, it's a great place to come for support and motivation. You might want to consider meeting your calorie needs, especially if you're planning to work out that much. You will actually lose faster and healthier if you meet your calorie targets. Good luck to you!
  • ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with Eric. I know you want to lose weight but need to lose it healthy so you will keep it off. Eating less than 1200 calories and working out that much will not be good for your body or mood. Trust me I know....you can eat healthy and still lose the weight. Good luck and stay strong!
  • laurenb85
    Options
    Thanks for the kind advice guys, I've only just started the diet so im sure the side effects of the less then required calori intake will soon show there effects on me no doubt so will try and get my calorie intake up to what it should be sorry if i upset anyone with the comment!

I'm not stopping myself eating what foods i want, i'm just not doing it in excessive amounts like i use to my biggest down fall are crisps i could eat so many

only issue i've got is the breakfast thing i've never eaten breakfast not even as a kid.

Thanks