New and ready to start

Options
Hi!

I came across this site yesterday when I was looking for a support site dedicated to fitness and weight loss. From what I've seen so far this place seems perfect with lots of support and success stories.

I am 28 years old and I have been overweight all my life, but I have decided that there's going to be a change from now on. In two weeks time I intend to start doing the Power 90 challenge. Not only am I going to start exercising more, but I'm also going to change what and when I eat. I don't want to just lose weight, but I want also to become fit.

I'm really exited and I plan on using this site to record my progress. I hope to make new friends along the way so feel free to add me!

Sammie

P.S. My biggest problem right now is that I can't seem to post my first blog entry - it just shows "There was a problem with your request Sorry, but a server error occurred processing your request. Our team has been notified of the issue." I'm assuming this will sort itself out with time.

Replies

• sisterofseven
    sisterofseven Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Sammie, friend request sent :-)
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you will love it.
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    Thank you!

I was just wondering if this site could be better than Facebook because I might actually get something out of it. :happy:
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board! This site is full of support and motivation so I'm sure you'll find it helpful! X
  • Barry1503
    Barry1503 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Yes it truly is a good site. I have been using it for about 3 week. I down loaded the app for my iPad and it makes adding food on the go easy.

Rgds
    Barry
  • Barry1503
    Barry1503 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

That was my first post......but I think it is probably better than FB.
  • Chezzie71
    Chezzie71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MFP is amazing.. i havent long been on here.. but it def been a great support tool for me... sending a friends request now..xxx
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi Sammie, add me as a friend :)
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Sammie! I'm sure you will love it here, I know I do. People here are so supportive and so inspiring! Make sure you read the forums. There are some fabulous posts with tips and encouragement that have helped me get over some stumbling blocks. I sent you a friend request. Have a great day! :)
  • Jimmy_Jojo
    Jimmy_Jojo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Sammie! I've sent you a friend request, welcome to MFP! Hope you enjoy it :)