I'm new here & would love some friends

Options
Hi there,
I've been on this healthy eating weight loss journey for what feels like forever! I've got 10-15 kgs to go (22-30 pounds) and I've been trying to loose it for 18 months!
I'm slowly getting there and changing bad habits one habit at a time.
I would love to get to the point where I can run for sustained periods, but for now walking is it.
I love LOVE Pilates for toning and body shaping. But staying motivated to keep it all up is what is tripping me up. I'm doing this alone.
I could really do with some friends to keep me motivated.
Anyone out there want to share this journey?

Lizzie

Replies

• jhuver
    jhuver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I've been on my weight loss journey for about 2 years now. I've lost and gained and had my ups and downs. It hasn't helped that I have had some health complications that limit my exercise but I definitely need the motivation as well. I love kickboxing but haven't found a regular workout to do. I have to watch my heart rate so it doesn't make it easy. I'm hoping to lose at least 60 more pounds. So hopefully I can find some friends on here to keep me motivated.
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! :D

Good luck!
  • KiwiLizzie3
    Options
    Hey Jhuver :o)
    Oh the ups and downs :o( no sooner do you think your doing well and you relax just a little and bam the weight jumps back on again. I keep telling myself Nooooo...NOT this time! Thats why I'm here.....finding friends, gotta stop doing this alone.
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    Welcome.

Nearly 3 weeks here myself feel free to add me..
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    feel free to add me I am working on my last 30 that I have been hanging on too for the past year as well!
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    add me if you like :)
  • zamsan
    zamsan Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey! I'm just starting tomorrow. Made the final decision that 3 kids is enough, now it's time for me to become a yummy mummy. :)lol gained about 10 kilos during my last pregnancy and in may I broke my leg pretty bad playing hockey so 7 weeks no walking = 5 extra kilos.. I would love to add a few people to help keep me motivated..
  • paperducks
    Options
    Hey! Looks like we have the same amount of weight to lose! Feel free to add me as well :)
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi. Add me if you like :)
  • Tashcake
    Tashcake Posts: 13
    Options
    Greetings! I've just started running, having always been crap at the whole endurance thing. Feel free to add me. =)
  • Jollybeth
    Options
    Howdy ~ I'm an Adelaide girl who is knee deep in phlegm at the moment (flu...and not the man type either....I am legitimately dying, I'm sure of it, :P).

I've known about MFP for ages but it was only this week that I realised (in a blind panic) that our family holiday to the Gold Coast in May next year will mean warm weather and poolside attire and the thought of that brought me screaming back here, LOL.

I'm not going to start until I'm well - doc first thing tomorrow morning - but in the meantime I'm loading up favourite foods and recipes.

Would love some motivation too, so feel free to add!