Curves

Options
Hi everyone,

I haven't had any money for a gym membership, but things have changed! The closest gym to me is Curves. I would like to know, if there's anyone out there who currently works out at one of their gyms, if they enjoy it there? I live in Grand Prairie, Alberta. I would also like someone to ballpark what membership fees I'd be looking at.. any information, really. An all woman gym seems perfect for me. Do the gyms you go to have weights there as well?

Replies

• bootcampabs
    Options
    this is the gym i go to (south mcallen location.) i also workout at home when i dont feel like going to the gym but wanna JAM OUT to some loud tunes! :)http://freedomfitnesstexas.com/
  • lmwfrosty
    lmwfrosty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The machines at curves are all hydrolic, so the effort you put in is really key. I tried curves but i wasn't really too impressed with it. It's based on a 30min circuit workout which you're supposed to do 3x a week. I was looking for more intense cardio than running in place, and didn't really care so much about the strength training. Frankly, it bored me. I prefer to do Yoga at home for strength and do Zumba at my rec center (cheaper than any gym btw) for cardio ( the class is mostly female). If you have a significant amount of weight to lose, or have limited mobility Curves is great. But if you're like me, relatively healthy and young, it might not satisfy you.
  • fuego84
    fuego84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had a Curves membership a long time ago. I liked it BUT if was pricey and it didn't take long for it to become monotonous. They have to circuit and that is it. If you're able to find a gym that isn't too far away that has more options I would opt for that over Curves.