Advice on starting to exercise

Hi I really want to start exercising as I know thats very important. The thing is, where do I start?

I have an exercise dvd that I was thinking of giving a go, has anyone tried the "Total Fitness in 12 minutes a day, for women"? If they have I would like to know what people thought of it. I also have an ab roller which I used to use and will be using that again soon.

I just want to ease myself into an exercise routine, and tips/advice would be great.

Also how long should you leave in between having a meal and exercising?

Take care, xx Vicky xx

Replies

• I feel rather stupid for asking these questions now. I've been reading through posts and will be using youtube for exercises, wish me luck. Just watching some of them make me feel knackered!! lol
  • You can dowload some of the vidos from torrets as well :) So you don't have to rely on youtube all the time. If you are complete beginner I would reccomend Zumba because it's fun and you use all groups of muscles and you enjoy doing it! The steps may sem complicated at the beginnign but if you try to have fun while dancing it'll be not as important..:)
    When you go through the firt phase of being sore then you can start thinking about sth more advanced (strength/cardio/ABS workouts and so on).

Type in "ZUMBA BASICS & 20-MINUTE EXPRESS 1 HRS.22 MNUTES" on youtube and you have all basics steps explained and then 20 min workout :) Good luck!
  • Thats Marty, I will be having a go at that tonight :smile: