I'm new and would like some support friends please :)

Options
I want to lose 21lbs, if anyone is aiming for a similar goal I'd like to be a friend :smile: Just need some support from people who understand what it's like to be unhappy with their figure :embarassed:

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new-ish and attempting to do battle with The Belly for what feels like the millionth time! Feel free to add me.:smile:

Ideally I want to lose about 30lb, but I might end up judging it on clothes/not being horrified by photos.

One thing that helps my body confidence on those less-than-svelte days is focussing on what my body can DO, rather than what it looks like. In my case, the thought is usually "OK, I'm a way off looking passable in a bikini....but I just got a personal best in my last 10km race". You could apply this to a new exercise class/rock climbing/just walking further than you usually do.

Hope that helps. :happy:

Sarah x
  • DLS05
    DLS05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :) everyone here is here to support each other :)
  • sarahbw22
    sarahbw22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm around the same goals as you! Would love to have a buddy. :)
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    you can all add me if you want I have about 25 to 30 to lose
  • voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, I lost 10 lbs and now just trying to get the body toned and maintain the weight I have now, I am comfortable wearing my clothes. We are all here for each other as others have said. My biggest thing is my "pouch" and toning the arms! Good luck to you, and hope you do well!
  • nicholssd
    Options
    Add me if you like! My goals are pretty similar, although I'm trying to get less hung up on the number on the scale and more into how my clothes fit and how in shape I actually am. :)
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just joined today...been overweight for quite some time...I have been on a program...self monitored...using a diet protein drink in the morning and then eating carefully the rest of the day...I have a desk job and get no exercise...however, since I started my program in Oct 2010, I have lost 29.4 lbs as of this morning...I have 65.4 lbs left to go..also, I am only 4 ft 10 so I really need to get this weight off...we all could use support
  • CaleCourtney
    Options
    Hey I am new to this as well and it would be great to have support going both ways. I have sent you a friend request. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • TeaLoverMJ
    TeaLoverMJ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been on for a while off and on but recently put on 6lbs! - I'd like some friends too to helps me get down to a more healthy weight - feel free for anyone to add me too. My weight loss goal is 14lbs, but I'm only 5 foot, so relativly that's loads, and feel I now need some extra support. Thanks.
  • YamadaSan
    YamadaSan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I just joined a few weeks ago. :D 20 yo. college student trying to lose 10 lbs/or find a shape I like before that goal. Major problem areas are my arms and my stomach.
  • Sarahneedstoshrink
    Options
    I would also like supportive friends... :)