Body Revolution

Options
I was just wondering if anyone has tried Jillian Michaels Body Revolution? If so, how did it work for you?

Replies

• Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too. I plan to start it after 30DS.
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am not losing any weight with the 30DS so as of yesterday I am doing the Revolution each day as well. It is tough!! 30 mins of straight cardio. But she is really motivating and it really gets you moving and the calories burning. You should try it! I am hoping to see some change in my weight soon

I forgot to mention....I am not adding in the "workouts" including weights since I already have the 30 DS but only the cardio.
  • svesemenja
    svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am doing now 30Ds, but when i finish it I am planning to do it.. I will start on 1st sept..
  • sarahleeroy
    Options
    I'm planning on starting it next week, and was thinking about starting a thread in the fitness section. Let's do this!
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am starting this sept 1st.... I plan to do the kickstart diet the first week and the 2 workouts....kinda nervous. LOL
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I did Body Revolution. I liked it. It has a good pace to it. Jillian is a good combo of motivating/*****y. There is good eye candy from the people working out in the video. I love that for most exercises she shows you both how to modify it to be easier and to be harder. The workouts change quickly from week to week so you do not get bored. But I warn you, when you get to workout 7 you will be slapped down!! Hardest workout in the whole bunch of them.

Okay so results is what you all most want to know I am sure. I lost 12 lbs in 12 weeks and 10.5 inches from my body. I will definitely do this workout again in the future.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I finished the program twice. I didn't lose much weight (but I'm really close to goal and it's a slow go right now), but I gained a lot of muscle and got a lot stronger!

I had to double up the exercises because it wasn't enough cardio, so after the weights video I'd do 30-45 minutes of extra cardio, and on cardio days I'd do the dvd twice.

Good luck!
  • svesemenja
    svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    it would be great to open a group starting 1st sept.. if anyone opens it, i am in..
  • wonderific
    Options
    it would be great to open a group starting 1st sept.. if anyone opens it, i am in..

I wish I could start that soon, but I just don't have the money right now. I was thinking I'll ask my husband for it for Christmas. For mother's Day he got me a nice set of weights :happy:
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would like support on the journey myself so if anyone starts a group let me know:)
  • ktkiffer
    ktkiffer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just started week 3 of BR... I've lost a total of 7 lbs (and that includes the week I was on vacation with only running as my workout and a much higher calorie intake). The first 2 weeks seemed somewhat easy, but you could modify the exercises to make them a tougher... Week 3 seems to be when the s*** hits the fan ;-) I just started the 7 day kickstart today - to detox from all my vacation splurges - hopefully I'll survive it!

I'd love to be part of a BR group! Gonna need a little more motivation once school starts in a couple of days!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm on the last week right now.
    I'm 5'3" and started it at 163, and I'm at 151.5 right now.
    I've lost about 4 inches off my upper chest, 3 inches off my ribs waist, hips, and lower hips/upper thighs, 2.5 inches off my chest, 2 inches each off my thighs. I'm getting definition in my arms/shoulders and feel stronger.

I've done it every day. Even though I took a 10 day vacation, and I've had friends stay with me (in my teeny tiny apartment) two times during this for long weekend visits. So not always easy to 'press play' :-)
    One thing that I have been doing different though is - You're supposed to do her cardio DVD on Wednesdays and Saturdays. But on Saturdays, I would instead go outside and do my cardio (bike ride, etc). Just my personal decision.

This is the first long term DVD program I've tried and I've stuck with it. I like the program. It never gets boring as you keep upgrading. I also like how they are only 30 minutes (about 33-35 with warm ups/cool downs). When I finish I will probably go to 30DS (jumping right into Phase 2).. and maybe do a couple of her other DVDs. Then in a month or two, I plan on doing Body Revolution again starting with Phase 2. And this time, really working on improving my abilities/form.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred a year and a half ago and lost almost 10 lbs. I'm on the 3rd week (of 3 months) of Body Revolution. It's harder than 30DS because there's a stricter eating plan, but I've lost 8 lbs so far and hope "slow and steady wins the race" :)

A lot of the 30DS moves are in Workout 4 of Body Revolutions.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BR!!!!! She totally has the modifier of most of the moves. However, I don't see how one can keep losing 5 lbs per week on this system even if sticking to it 100%. I added 30 minutes of cardio to my routine each time I did it so that I was working out 60 minutes per day. I couldn't do the food plan (not eating that *kitten* lol) but I whole heartedly recommend it for anyone looking for a healthy balance of cardio & strength.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking of ordering the set of DVDs. I did 30 DS in July/August and just started Ripped in 30 (day 2 of week 2 today). I'd love to do more Jillian workouts like these, but I'll get bored if I keep repeating the ones I have. I tried her Extreme Shed and Shred and didn't like it as much - maybe because it was a longer workout, the pace wasn't as good for me.

I don't plan on following her food plan at all though. I think I do okay on my own. I've lost 34 pounds eating my way and I don't feel like I'm on a diet all the time. If I follow her meal plan, I will feel like I'm on a diet (so instantly hungry all the time) rather than having had a healthy lifestyle change.
  • thingsihaveloved
    Options
    I just started Monday, but already feeling good. I feel the good ache of getting back into a routine after being on vacation for two weeks. I'm not doing the food plan that was included though, I'm doing a balanced eating plan and acupuncture, lots of water, etc.

I had finished level 2 of 30DS and when I was in the states I decided to pick up BR. I was pretty intimidated by BR but So far I have found that I was more challenged by 30DS than I am by level one of BR...I bet in a few weeks I'll be eating my words! I'm still loving level 1 though!