New Girl!

Options
Hey, New to this and hoping im not the only one in my crazy busy life to write down everything I eat? I also have a major sweet tooth! Any ideas to stop the habit of reaching for junk food?

Replies

• johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth and make sure that I don't have the trigger foods in my house. I keep apples, grapes and other fruits that go along way to satisfying a sweet tooth. I also buy the Jif to go packs so I can have a measured dose of peanut butter when the cravings get strong. Why not measure an amount out of a jar? Because when I have those cravings I tend to not measure so well and this forces me to eat the right amount.

For me the fat content of the peanut butter does a lot for satisfying a craving like that.

And I also plan sweets into my plan. If I feel I am doing well I plan in one Dairy Queen chocolate Sunday each week. The catch is I have to walk to and from Dairy Queen to get it.

If you have a sweet tooth and try to eliminate everything then you are setting yourself up for potential failures when you eat sweets and that might cascade if you beat yourself up for lacking willpower.
  • nicholssd
    Options
    I hear you! I am a new teacher and between lesson plans and meetings and taking care of our new rental house (first house!) I get those sweet cravings like crazy! I have found that having a small amount of high quality dark chocolate on hand helps. It is more expensive so I am less likely to eat the whole bar ;) My husband and I have also been doing more flavored water lately, whether it's with lemon juice and stevia or that new MIO water enhancer. It gives the flavor and feeling of soda or juice with no calories.

Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Same battle for me--chocolate is marvelous and something I had to master "use in moderation" before I could make any progress!

Would be happy to swap encouragement if you'd like to add me as a friend.
  • misslegz
    misslegz Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Have you ever tried Krave Cereal. That is a great cereal to help your sweet tooth. Low calories so that is a plus!!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow products are how I take care of my sweet tooth. Also lots of fruits. feel free to add me as a friend