New

Options
Hello,
I am new to the forum and am looking for people who are trying to loose weight with a busy life style. I have tried many fad diets and managed to loose 35 pounds with the help of medication from my doctor but I really want to loose it doing it the real way and learning to eat and be healthier. I am not trying to just look better I want to be healthier once and for all. I am open to any suggestions or ideas.

Replies

• Chezzie71
    Chezzie71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Follow MFP and keep to your allowances... the plan is to give you a overall healthy balanced diet... keep at it and you will learn what foods etc are healthier and better for you.. good luck with your weight loss journey..xxx
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am new to the forum and am looking for people who are trying to loose weight with a busy life style. I have tried many fad diets and managed to loose 35 pounds with the help of medication from my doctor but I really want to loose it doing it the real way and learning to eat and be healthier. I am not trying to just look better I want to be healthier once and for all. I am open to any suggestions or ideas.

Sometimes medications are the real way due to medical conditions and circumstances so dont discount medications completely - and thankfully the more compliant the patient, the quicker they can come off those medications. I work with over 300 physicians professionally... so I definitely see the justified cases on a daily basis.

Busy lifestyle... try this one on:
    ~Up at 4am, hit the gym at 4:45am.
    ~Head to work - shower there, change and get ready for my shift (LOVE the fact we have a full bathroom there!)
    ~Work my shift, head home to cook dinner
    ~Monday nights and Thursday nights I have music practice (Im a bassoonist)
    ~Tuesdays afternoons and Thursday afternoons I have Physical Therapy with the very folks I work on the same side with
    My job is a 20 minute commute each way, provided no one has been stupid on the highway thinking its NASCAR, lol

On top of that, I spend as much time in the kitchen as I can - I find cooking and creating is good mental therapy for me. I used to work as a chef for many years (worked two jobs for the longest time), and now I get to enjoy it more at home.