plus sized and pregnant looking for support

Options
togobug
togobug Posts: 58 Member
Hi before we conceived i had lost forty five pounds.i weigh 210as of today and I'm trying to maintain that ( with the suggestion of my midwife) so I'm trying to find sine strong support! Help me make the journey and have a healthy mommy healthy baby!

Replies

• Fluffykristi
    Options
    I had a baby 9 weeks ago - biggest thing for me was to remain active. Under my doctor's advice, I used a treadmill to walk 5 days a week for an hour a day. Towards the end I was only walking at 2 mph due to hip pain however I would say that the activity not only helped keep my weight gain in check but helped with delivery.

Hope this helps!
  • Suzyqz37
    Suzyqz37 Posts: 12
    Options
    I started me third pregnancy at 196 lbs (I hadn't lost the weight I'd gained with the first two). I was told to gain no more than 15 lbs throughout the pregnancy. I was also diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I had to go on a strict diabetic diet which meant very little carbs, NO sweets, lots of lean protein and veggies. I still ended up gaining 20 lbs, but that was so little compared to my first two pregnancies. I would suggest following a diabetic diet. It's really a healthy diet for any pregnant woman. Good luck!
  • togobug
    togobug Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm looking forward to getting back on healthy track!