MAUI - different things to do?

Options
CoderGal
CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
So I'm going to MAUI in a few weeks, anyone know of different things to do? Or the best of the generic things to do? So far I want to do the ziplines. The pineapple pick looks cute, and so does the yoga on a hill out in the sun thing which I probably won't be able to convince my bf to do lol...ideas? Oh and there's also a berry a pig do the hula and then eat it thing but apparently there's several of those...anyone know the best ones and if they contain different things like tree climbing?

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Is Maui a ghost town now? Nobody seems to have visited :(
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have been Maui and Kauai, I prefer Kauai, but that is neither here nor there. Maui is beautiful and if you didn't do anything but go to the beach you would have a wonderful time. Hana lei bay is stunning and there is a small pineapple grove that overlooks a stunning cliff view. I swear I could spend the rest of my days under one of those trees in perfect bliss. Maui has more nightlife than any of the other islands, as well as golf courses. It is the more high end of Hawaii. Everything is pretty expensive over there, just saying so you don't have sticker shock. Have a great time, i don't have any doubts that you will.
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    take the tour to swim with the turtles at turtle island and . there is a little town called paia that is pretty sweet. maybe take the road to hana. there isnt much night life as far as bars, but i definately recomend a luau. have fun! i miss Maui
  • mse123
    mse123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you like to snokle, go to a dive shop, rent, buy or bring your owen gear, get a free dive / snokle map and visit some or all of these spots. I've done it twice and most of the locations are excellent!
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I used to live there. You'll love it. You could go watch the windsurfers at Ho'okipa near Paia.

I would also suggest going to Hana then swim at the Seven Sacred Pools. Allow a whole day for that one and take Dramamine if you get car sick.

You could spend a whole day cruising around in Lahina at the shops and the beach. There is an amazing Banyan tree there that takes up almost a whole block! It is awesome!

Whale watching/snorkel trips are always great.

There is also a neat volcanic area called LaPerouse Bay that is fun to walk around and explore.

You should for sure do the sunrise at Haleakala Volcano. Just dress warm because it gets surprisingly cold up there. There is also a bike ride you can do down the volcano. Weeeeee!

I could go on and on for things to see. If you want more, send me a message. Have fun!
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I used to live there. You'll love it. You could go watch the windsurfers at Ho'okipa near Paia.

I would also suggest going to Hana then swim at the Seven Sacred Pools. Allow a whole day for that one and take Dramamine if you get car sick.

You could spend a whole day cruising around in Lahina at the shops and the beach. There is an amazing Banyan tree there that takes up almost a whole block! It is awesome!

Whale watching/snorkel trips are always great.

There is also a neat volcanic area called LaPerouse Bay that is fun to walk around and explore.

You should for sure do the sunrise at Haleakala Volcano. Just dress warm because it gets surprisingly cold up there. There is also a bike ride you can do down the volcano. Weeeeee!

I could go on and on for things to see. If you want more, send me a message. Have fun!

i forgot about the banyan tree in Lahina! god i miss Hawaii :(
  • petko1962
    Options
    Go to Lahina Divers and book an introduction lesson to diving. Go snorkling on a trip to Molokini. Go up the volcano but remember its 10,000 ft high and chilly up there. Drive the road to Hanna.

Eat one of the best meals of your life at Lahina Grill...but take your credit card $$$$

Visit Mama's Fish House.