Was "sweating" the start of weight-training..until..

Options
I found out I can really do it all without a gym membership or equipment. I have no money for either so a friend turned me onto a program of weight-training just using my own body!! I guess I best not mention the name of the program because I don't want to be in trouble for advertising but I can say one of our military fellers put it together, just for me :laugh: Well, he must have:laugh: Ok, so it's not just for me but it sure will work for me, if I work it:wink:

I'm really posting because I want to be accountable. I woke up today looking on Craigslist, thinking about driving to Walmart and God knows where else looking for equipment to weight train. Then I get on MFP, where every question is always answered and there it was:)

Have a great day ALL!! I am starting my weight-training this a.m. I will let folks know, if you want, how I am doing. I'll just enter what I do in the strength training part of my diary:)

denise:drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• chefsmash
    chefsmash Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do it without equipment! For instance, check out "Convict Conditioning" :)

You can do all sorts of bodyweight exercises and eventually you can buy some cheap add ons, like a jump rope, mat, medicine ball, etc.

Good luck!
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Options
    Can you message me the name of the program? This sounds like something I might like!
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good luck Denise and I hope it works for you :smile:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!! I got it hobbit, it's on my Nook now!! Been reading in between posts:) Now, to actually start the training:laugh:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I knew about this of course since I'd met some people in person that were in great shape after coming out of prison. I appreciate all the ideas. The mat would be something to get asap so I don't have to lie on the carpet which is not too comfy;) denise
    You can absolutely do it without equipment! For instance, check out "Convict Conditioning" :)

You can do all sorts of bodyweight exercises and eventually you can buy some cheap add ons, like a jump rope, mat, medicine ball, etc.

Good luck!
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Done deal!!
    Can you message me the name of the program? This sounds like something I might like!
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Thanks again, I can't believe how excited I am but this seems like the ultimate in a weight-training challenge! I would so love to come out looking great, for my age, and be able to pass it on to others that feel the way I do about gyms etc.:) denise
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Thank you much!! Denise
    Good luck Denise and I hope it works for you :smile:
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Please, message me the name of the program too. Thanks
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hey Denise!! I am so glad that you have found something that you LOVE to do b/c it makes being fit so much more fun!!

It's okay to put up the website - It's just not okay to try to give a website to sell something specifically I believe but people put sites that they use on the forums all of the time. I just wanted to let you know so that you can share it!!

:happy:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Will do;) But I am betting you've heard of it:)
    Please, message me the name of the program too. Thanks
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Is there some rule that says we can't share what workout routine we're doing (by name) ?

I see people mention a boatload of things by brand name and telling someone what you're doing isn't "Advertising" ??
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to sell a book for my own gain. There is a rule against that:) Maybe I would have been ok though:) to mention the name:) denise
    Is there some rule that says we can't share what workout routine we're doing (by name) ?

I see people mention a boatload of things by brand name and telling someone what you're doing isn't "Advertising" ??
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I love the story behind the book. One thing I read was how gyms, home or otherwise, fad diets etc. are more about marketing. I am all for anyone that uses conventional weight systems and gyms. They look great and are enjoying it. I just don't enjoy it. They say to do things you love and I do love a challenge(a challenge for me anyway). Another thing I read, which made sense to me, was that even free-weights only cover a certain percentage of the muscles in your body where using your own bod ends up using them all. Maybe true maybe false. Just an interesting thing to look into.

The hardest part is to just-do-it for me. This will take all the motivation I can muster. Walking is easy, kayaking is fun, this will be rewarding to be doing something that those I respect so much, do on a regular basis, our military. Oh well, one day at a time and we will see, like everything else, I get way excited and sometimes fail, but then again, I've heard the only failure is when I don't try at all:)

denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! :drinker:

I want to start it as soon as I am finished with P90X. :wink:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    You can mention products/etc you like. You just can't do it in a way that would profit you.
    For example, if your name was Mark Lauren, you couldn't come in and link to You Are Your Own Gym and try and sell it.

But as just a user of the product, you totally can.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Oh thanks Wellbert:) In that case, yep, I am starting some of the exercises/weight training today from Mark Lauren's book "You Are Your Own Gym"!!:bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:
    You can mention products/etc you like. You just can't do it in a way that would profit you.
    For example, if your name was Mark Lauren, you couldn't come in and link to You Are Your Own Gym and try and sell it.

But as just a user of the product, you totally can.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Cool, let me know when you start and we can urge each other on!! denise:drinker: :drinker:

Good for you!! :drinker:

I want to start it as soon as I am finished with P90X. :wink: