Not losing weight on P90X

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm on day 28 of P90X and I'm following Phase 1 Level 1 eating, but with food snacks instead of shakes/bars. I haven't missed a day, and I am definitely stronger. As much as I keep telling myself muscle weighs more fat, I was disappointed this morning to see that I have only lost 1.5 pounds since starting. Does anyone have any tips as I head into the second month?
Thanks!
(Edited to add: I started at 140.5, I am 27, aiming to eat 1400-1700 calories per day, and I'm a vegetarian focusing on adding protein)

Replies

• Spr1718
    Spr1718 Posts: 6
    Options
    Have you increased the amount of exercise you've been doing as well, as only reducing the amount of calories you eat isn't the only factor to take into account.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are eating enough? The minimum recommended in the nutrition guide is 1800 calories. If you are burning a lot in your workouts your net calories might be too low so your body doesn't want to get rid of the weight. I previously stalled in my weightloss until I increased my calories eaten. I am also doing p90x but only on day 21 so haven't weighed in yet. I'm 26, 5'3", 115lb, eating 1800 cals/day and while I am not weighing or measuring myself until the 28th day, I can see I am getting slimmer.
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    Don't go by the scale so much. Use the mirror, how your clothes fit, even do tape measurements if you want. When you are new to workouts you will gain some muscle, the muscles you do have will fill with more water and glycogen adding weight.

Keep with it, you will thank yourself for how you look and feel at the end of the 90 days! Then, start another program and make it a lifestyle. :)
  • rhondac46
    rhondac46 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The 1800 calories that you are eating is that added to the extra that you get from exercising? Example: My calorie intake is set for 1270 per day. If I burn 300 calories per workout I add that so my actual intake would be 1570 per day I am doing this correctly? I am at a standstill with my weight too. I am on Phase 3 now week 9. I noticed in my clothes though. I will take all my measurements once I am done with the 90 days.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The 1800 calories that you are eating is that added to the extra that you get from exercising? Example: My calorie intake is set for 1270 per day. If I burn 300 calories per workout I add that so my actual intake would be 1570 per day I am doing this correctly? I am at a standstill with my weight too. I am on Phase 3 now week 9. I noticed in my clothes though. I will take all my measurements once I am done with the 90 days.

The 1800 includes exercise calories. I picked my calorie allowance based on what the nutrition guide said: (10 x weight in pound) x 1.2 (sedentary activity modifier) + 600 (their calculated average burn per workout) = a number within one of three calorie ranges, then eat at the low end of that range to get a deficit.

If you are burning 300 calories I think the 1570 is a good number, 600 is a good estimate for me do it works.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I was a big guy and I have have done two rounds of P90x .. I didn't see much of a loss until my 10 or so week on the first round..
    As long as you are actively working out, and eating right and staying at a calorie deficit, you will see the scale slide..

You have essentially shocked your body from one extreme to the next, it will take time to adjust..

Just don't quit.. Log all your food and be honest with yourself, you will get great results..