I AM NEW

Options
I AM NEW TO THIS SITE, I WAS INTRODUCED FROM A FRIEND I WORK WITH, SO FAR SO GOOD. I AM WANTING TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT AND GO INTO THIS NEW YEAR A NEW PERSON. FEEL FREE TO HELP ME !

Replies

• ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck and stay strong!
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Many people start off doing this as a new years resolution and then give up after a couple of months or so. Don't do that! Stick with it and if you need support there are plenty of great people who use this site that can motivate you, help you and give you some good advice. Best of luck to you on this endeavor!
  • phollywood8785
    Options
    Welcome!!! Good luck to you! This is a great site!!
  • mikehull
    Options
    If you want a great start, there is a 5 day program by a company called Usana Health Sciences. It is called "Reset" because you can literally reset your body in terms of carb cravings and the like. It is all based on low glycemic eating, look it up, and the benefit is us guys lose anywhere from 5-7 lbs on average. Oh yeah, the best part is it is not like a traditional "diet" where you have to feel hungry all the time and starve yourself. As a matter of fact, if you feel hungry it is not going to work as well. your body has to trust that you are going to feed it all the fats carbs and protiens it needs, otherwise it will store energy supplies as fat, hence when you do, your body will let go of those extra pounds (usually around the middle).

good luck to you, let me know if I can help with anything else

Mike