Wana eat... please dont let me.

Options
Had a huge lunch and I am not hungry but Im really wanting that granola bar that I know is in my purse a few feet a way from me.

Please dont let me eat it!

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Throw it out!
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you eat it your tummy will prob hurt so don't!
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Send it to me!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I'll eat it!!! lol
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Freeze it. Or Go for a walk. Or. Here's a yucky trick I learned a while ago. Picture it covered in the grossest stuff imaginable. :explode: I won't go into details. You know what gross is. Or. Crumble it up, outside, and sprinkle it on the sidewalk. Let us know how it went.
  • Lauramlimg
    Options
    I tell myself "you know what it tastes like and you don't NEED it right now!" or "Are you eating because you are hungry or just want to change the way you feel?". It's hard to weigh "needs vs wants" at the moment when you really really want it, but that is why you posed the question here isn't it? So go take a quick walk and change the way you feel.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    quit thinking about it and it will go away. think about the reasons not to eat it. remind yourself that you are full and don't NEED to eat it.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Get busy and forget about. Easier said than done but it works!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others! Get rid of it!! In a way that will not let you turn back and retrieve it.

Try to keep a baggie with one ounce of nuts in your purse for a "go-to" snack. If you like chocolate, get chocolate covered almonds (the blue diamond ones are excellent, covered with a dark chocolate powder versus the thick candy coating on some).

If you want something sweet, (I often do) find a flavor of tea you like. Lots of good flavors out there. Even if you add a packet of sugar and a bit of cream, it's still better for you than most granola bars! For an even lower calorie alternative to satisfy that sweet craving, chew some gum in a preferred flavor (Extra brand's chocolate mint is surprisingly good) or suck on a life saver.

Good luck!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Drink some water.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    drink water
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Get busy doing something. Go for a walk but don't eat that! I feel your pain for sure.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Give it here! You could always give it away or spray it with window cleaner and throw it out.
  • ASDavis72
    ASDavis72 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don’t eat it if you know that you’re not hungry; drink some water, go for a walk, also think about how much exercise you’ll need to do to burn off the calories from the granola bar.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Just eat it and have a smaller dinner.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Got a local grocer with a food donation box? Drop it off there instead of destroying it!!!!
  • Jennerkins
    Options
    I would say eat it if it fits into your calories, if not well then give it to someone who's hungry.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk, or something. I get the munches when bored. I subbed nutella for some lifting last weekend; I didn't need it as we were going to dinner that night.
  • Dave_MFP
    Dave_MFP Posts: 32
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water and wait 10 minutes. If you are still hungry drink another and wait another 10 minutes. Repeat this until you've had 6 glasses (1 hour). If you are still hungry, eat 1/4 of the day's calories budget. If you are still hungry after that, begin the process again. Eventually, the water (and maybe some food) will fill you up and you'll forget about it.
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water and wait 10 minutes. If you are still hungry drink another and wait another 10 minutes. Repeat this until you've had 6 glasses (1 hour). If you are still hungry, eat 1/4 of the day's calories budget. If you are still hungry after that, begin the process again. Eventually, the water (and maybe some food) will fill you up and you'll forget about it.

Might forget about it because you'll be too busy running to the bathroom after all that water.