Bad bad day :'(

Options
Well, if you read my profile you can tell that I'm recovering from an eating disorder (EDNOS) it's my first day back on this site since my eating disorder and I binged\purged wasn't even thinking twice about what I was eating. I broke my 4 week no purging record :( so mad! We all mess up right?

Replies

• emmalilypad
    emmalilypad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Of course we all mess up! Just keep what's healthy in mind and remind yourself what you're working for. Hang in there, we all have good and bad days!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Yep, we all mess up. :) Go for four weeks and a day now!
  • timarie02
    Options
    Great job on the 4 weeks! Its hard to change old habits. Just like dieting I mess up and eat 3000 calories in a day and as long as I am doing great for a months or two that 3000 is not much. Keep up the great work... 1 time in 4 weeks is better everyday how ever many times in a day. So, Keep up the great work and like the other person said next go for 4 week and a day! :) Have a great day.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Oh yes we do. I ate so badly the other probably like 2500 calories.... but one bad day doesn't undo all the work you do, and it doesn't mean tomorrow has to be bad either.

I used to be like "Well I derailed my whole diet with a single bad day, no way I can possibly eat right tomorrow!" and then I fell off the wagon for like a month. I have stopped doing that now and learned to take days as single events.
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    Oh yes we do. I ate so badly the other probably like 2500 calories.... but one bad day doesn't undo all the work you do, and it doesn't mean tomorrow has to be bad either.

I used to be like "Well I derailed my whole diet with a single bad day, no way I can possibly eat right tomorrow!" and then I fell off the wagon for like a month. I have stopped doing that now and learned to take days as single events.

Exactly how I feel sometimes! Like it totally put me off track and I'm like well I'll just mess up tomorrow too and that starts a cycle
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    one day at a time..congrats on 4 weeks, you can do this!!!
    Be proud of what you accomplished and don't dwell on one bad day..good luck!
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    If we could all do this without messing up from time to time, I am not sure any of us would be here! It's getting back on track, getting the encouragement from others, realizing you're not the only one no matter how unique you think you are.

We're all here to help each other!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great! 4 weeks is a long time and you're going to stumble from time to time. Remind yourself why you're trying to be healthier, if you're using a doctor to heal tell them and begin a new day tomorrow. This doesn't change that you're still making progress.

Admitting it is a huge thing; you should be proud of yourself for doing that.
  • Doozer1978
    Doozer1978 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If I beat myself up every time I screwed up I would 24/7 resemble a Smurf!!!!!!!
    Well done for tacking your eating disorder and working through it - also for disclosing it on a forum!

Aim for four weeks and a day - get back to it now! You have come so far - keep going!

Good luck xx
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    it's my first day back on this site since my eating disorder and I binged\purged

What do you list that as in your food diary?
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    Holy crap! You guys are so supportive! I was considering going back to restricting but yall made me feel better :D (the calories didn't trigger me I think the purging did)
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that today is just today. It doesn't mean that tomorrow has to be like today and like the other poster said, aim for four weeks and one day next. Then four weeks and two days and so on. Don't let one slipup dictate tomorrow.

It might sound cheesy but I've always remembered a quote from Anne of Green Gables (one of my favorite books as a kid) and that is "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it". I keep that in mind while I try to stay and my track and I hope that it can help you with your journey even just a little bit.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    it's my first day back on this site since my eating disorder and I binged\purged

What do you list that as in your food diary?

Usually, it's the binge foods (or an estimate) and then negative quick add calories.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! You guys are so supportive! I was considering going back to restricting but yall made me feel better :D (the calories didn't trigger me I think the purging did)

You deserve support..just get up dust yourself off and start walking down the path again..u CAN do this!!!
    Recovered ana here :)
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    Puring?
    I don't log it I just put it in my food notes
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    I love that book! And thanks so much
  • xPocahontas
    Options

You deserve support..just get up dust yourself off and start walking down the path again..u CAN do this!!!
    Recovered ana here :)

Yay I'm so glad you recovered
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    hey there, I don't have an eating disorder, but just want to give you a little clap and say how brave you are to confront it and stand up against it and do the right thing for your health, body and sanity.
    :flowerforyou:
  • xPocahontas
    Options
    hey there, I don't have an eating disorder, but just want to give you a little clap and say how brave you are to confront it and stand up against it and do the right thing for your health, body and sanity.
    :flowerforyou:

Thanks darling <3:smooched: :blushing: :flowerforyou:

Haha those little faces are too cute
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It's all been said already, but for what it's worth I'll throw in my twopenn'eth;
    I think 4 weeks is AMAZING! I so wish I could do 4 weeks of sticking to my plans. You keep it up girl, and be proud of yourself.
    :happy: