jumping back on the wagon

Options
I've been on and off the wagon for a while now. I seem to do really good some days and really bad others. I wake up very early for work (4:30am) and am up and going until 10:30pm. I can usually do really really well - food wise - until about 4pm... then I want to eat my house.

Nothing seems to satisfy my cravings. And for the last few weeks I can't seem to motivate myself to stick to any kind of healthy eating plan. I was doing really well there for a while, and now I am sitting here wondering what happened??? Anyone else have this issue and if so, how do you combat it?

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I've been on and off the wagon for a while now. I seem to do really good some days and really bad others. I wake up very early for work (4:30am) and am up and going until 10:30pm. I can usually do really really well - food wise - until about 4pm... then I want to eat my house.

Nothing seems to satisfy my cravings. And for the last few weeks I can't seem to motivate myself to stick to any kind of healthy eating plan. I was doing really well there for a while, and now I am sitting here wondering what happened??? Anyone else have this issue and if so, how do you combat it?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Okay first, don't eat your house....not enough fiber there to help with digestion. :wink:

Secondly, maybe the change is too drastic for you all at once? I mean it sounds like your days are really long (I get the 4 PM munchies too). Maybe there isn't anything wrong with having a little of what you are actually craving, just in moderation. That's what I do. I've been craving nachos for DAYS.....so today (since I had a munchie monster attack) I counted out my little tortilla chips, used some laughing cow cheese, and some salsa and BAM....nachos.... Craving satisfied and a lot less calories then the (1000+) version I used to love.

Does this make sense? Don't totally deny yourself (cause that would make life suck) but portion it and control the amount that you consume AND log it. A huge thing about this is me taking responsibility for what I (BY CHOICE...cause no one is stuffin those yummy raspberry filled powdered disasters in but me) put in my mouth. I've had days I've REALLY wanted something and knowing I was gonna log it (even though no one sees) was enough to get me to walk away. That doesn't always happen and I am learning not to beat myself up for having a splurge here and there as long as it fits.

End of story, portion control.....Have a 1/2 cup of regular ice cream....that doesn't mean you HAVE to eat the whole gallon. Know what I mean?:flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    On and off, up and down, in and out, I think I have fallen and I can't get up.

So much family drama right now. My hubby and I are generally active. But since Feb, honestly, we have had a tough go of it for the healthy life style.

So I made a decision tonight.

No more.
    Anger, blame, other peoples problems.

It is so life consumming........

So, I went to the store tonight and loaded up on salads, lean meats, veggies and water....