so double chin problems?

Options
i have a double chin!:happy: and really have no clue how to take it off? i asked around if there is a super cream or something! but i didn't find anything! any one has tips how to make the turkey chin go away?:smokin: thanks in advance!

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    There really isn't a cream that will help, unfortunately, fat comes off from where it wants to. The simple suggestion is just to become leaner :(

I know that's not what you wanna hear, but it really is the only way.
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    thanks for replying hun! am afriad even if i lose weight it sticks there!
  • suuusuuu
    Options
    pushing the middle of your tongue against the roof of your mouth usually reduces the appearance of the double chin when you're for example taking a photo or something
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Lose weight steadily and slowly and as your body fat percentage lowers, the double chin will go too.

Depending on the speed of weight loss and your age, the skin might shrink also. If not you'll need plastic surgery.

Whether the loose skin shrinks or not, look at it this way, it's far better in terms of health, lifestyle and appearance to have a bit of skin left that was a big fat double chin, than to still have that double chin! :bigsmile:

EDITED TO ADD: In case you're not aware, no it is absolutely not possible to lose fat from one area in preferece to another. If that were the case, I'd still have fabulous breasts, but have a tiny *kitten*!
  • dachic4
    dachic4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The face is where most people start seeing weight loss the most. For me, my mother can always tell whether I have lost or gained weight by my face. So as you lose your 55kg it will definately come off, almost guarenteed. Just keep at it.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can do some neck toning type exercises to help tighten the muscles as you lose weight that'll help?
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing a product advertised on TV for the neck and chin. I don't remember what it's called, but basically you place this little moveable piece of plastic under your chin and push it up and down. Kind of like sit ups for the chin and neck I guess. I have no idea if it works.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I used one of those chin things, you put it on your chest, lay your chin on it and do chin push-downs. Looks comical. I also got a facial exercise DVD "Facial Workout Cause Muscles Don't End at the Neck". I bought them over a year ago and used them about 3x week. last month I looked at my neck and upper chest and it looked a little chiseled. It made me wonder, after a year did that stuff really help some? I dont know but I'll keep it.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can't really control where the weight comes off. All you can do is continue working on losing that excess fat & eventually it will come off where you want it. Tour is right, losing it slowly & steadily is the best way to go because it allows your skin time to shrink back without too much sag. You got me curious about myself so I went & pieced together a couple of pictures I had:
    2012-07facepics.jpg

I had a pretty noticeable double chin before, & it has reduced considerably. It doesn't even really appear unless I'm tilting my face downward which I think is normal. Just keep working at it & you'll be fine. :smile:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    The face is where most people start seeing weight loss the most. For me, my mother can always tell whether I have lost or gained weight by my face. So as you lose your 55kg it will definately come off, almost guarenteed. Just keep at it.
    Not on me. My face will be fat until I'm ridiculously skinny. So, forever, since I'm lazy.
  • SarahSosi
    Options

nope! not my face .. i lose weight faster from my *kitten*! which has become kinda tiny! and my upper part of the body is becoming bigger compared to it!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Yeah, you can't really control where the weight comes off. All you can do is continue working on losing that excess fat & eventually it will come off where you want it. Tour is right, losing it slowly & steadily is the best way to go because it allows your skin time to shrink back without too much sag. You got me curious about myself so I went & pieced together a couple of pictures I had:
    2012-07facepics.jpg

I had a pretty noticeable double chin before, & it has reduced considerably. It doesn't even really appear unless I'm tilting my face downward which I think is normal. Just keep working at it & you'll be fine. :smile:

awwwwwww you look great hon! i wish i would look that great when iam done losing!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Maybe you can do some neck toning type exercises to help tighten the muscles as you lose weight that'll help?

yup! this is what i need!
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    Omg I have the same problem!! It's like, I'll lose weight everywhere BUT the underside of my chin. It's so frustrating. Why can't my body leave my boob fat alone and take it from the facial area instead?
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    i was searching on you tube and i found this! i hope it helps us all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0nIvb13rpE
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think this is true for "most" people. Depends on your body type.

As far as neck exercises, I wouldn't spend money on any of those products out there that claim to get rid of neck fat or tighten loose skin. You may as well do these exercises if you want to do something: http://youtu.be/lSA-1tZZTPM
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Omg I have the same problem!! It's like, I'll lose weight everywhere BUT the underside of my chin. It's so frustrating. Why can't my body leave my boob fat alone and take it from the facial area instead?

hehehehe i hear ya hun!!!! same problem here :laugh:
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    does gum help?
  • gehanjawdat
    Options
    Does the massage help?
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    does gum help?
    No.

There are no easy fixes or we'd have told you about them.

What you need to do is to lose weight slowly and steadily, see how you look when you're finally at target weight, make decisions about whether surgery is warranted or not at that point.

Right now, worry about your dealing with your weight and your eating habits and improving your health, the rest can wait.