Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Walk Away the Pounds

Options
Good Evening:

Does anybody know about how many calories are burned during a 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds dvd. I know everyone burns different calories according to their weight and intensity. I am just looking for a ball park figure.

I put it in my exercise diary as a 2 mph slow pace and it told me I burned 134 calories. But it only took me about 30 minutes to do it. But I would rather under estimate a calorie burn then over estimate it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erin

Replies

• irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i posted about this a couple of weeks ago, and most people told me to log it as circuit training, especially if you are doing it with the weights. i usually log it as that, but i put in 20 or 25 minutes instead of 30. i guess the best answer would be to get a heart rate monitor, but i don't have one either, so i just estimate. if you are logging it was just walking though, i would probably log it as at least a 3 or 4 mph pace, since it takes 30 minutes at 4mph to go 2 miles. good luck with your training! i love leslie!
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks. When it said 134 calories burned I felt like that was low. I was sweating like crazy and felt like I had done a pretty intense workout. I definitely thought I burned more calories then that. I love Leslie Sansone. She has been very good to me over the years. I have a 5 mile dvd now that has a 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 mile workout on it. It came with a stretch band and it actually has a couple 3 mile workouts, one with hand weights one with the stretch band. I like being able to just pop one of those in and do it at home. Plus, I have the luxury of having the right workout for the time I have available.

I had a body bugg heart monitor but its been so long since I used it I can't get to hold a charge now. I need to get a new HRM but don't know which one to buy and they are so expensive. I guess if I am going to be working out so much now I really should try to invest in one.

Thanks again for your help.

Erin
  • whip67
    whip67 Posts: 32
    Options
    Good Evening:

Does anybody know about how many calories are burned during a 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds dvd. I know everyone burns different calories according to their weight and intensity. I am just looking for a ball park figure.

I put it in my exercise diary as a 2 mph slow pace and it told me I burned 134 calories. But it only took me about 30 minutes to do it. But I would rather under estimate a calorie burn then over estimate it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erin

2 miles in 30 minutes would be 4 mph. Depending on your weight, it is probably at least 200 calories burned.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I use aerobics low impact, which uses the same calories as a 4mph walk. It could be more but I would rather go low and play it safe.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Her walks average about 4mph (15 minute miles, though she has some that are 13 minute miles). I wear a HRM when I do her walks, and I find entering the walk as 3.5 mph is usually close to my HRM reading.
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I knew I had burned more then what I had put it in as. Love this site and all the great support.

Have a wonderful evening.

Erin
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    For 40 minutes I logged 220 calories using a HRM and that was a 3 mile watp.
  • Tracyaz63
    Options
    Thank you for the question and all the answer's. I use these walking discs as well and was confused as well as to the activity to choose when logging exercise...thanks again.
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use various Leslie Sansone dvds and I also log the time as low impact aerobics. This has always worked well for me.
  • shaines70
    Options
    Here's the answer from Leslie herself: http://www.walkathome.com/exercise/calorie-burn-per-mile/
  • cdpdee
    cdpdee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried the link but no luck. I sent an email for the answer and will create a SANSONE MILE exercise with that info
  • jessicawasheleski
    Options
    I have a polar HRM and love it. It is the simple model you can get at walmart for $50. I have had it for over 10 years and it still works like new. I have found all the exercises on here overestimate a lot. It has definitely helped with losing the weight more.
  • MStruck67
    Options
    I have been wondering about this as well. This is what I got from her website.

The simple answer to “How many calories do we burn per Mile?”
    The Walk without Boosters … approx. 100 calories per mile!
    The Walk with Boosters ….. approx. 125 – 150 calories per mile!

- See more at: http://www.walkathome.com/exercise/calorie-burn-per-mile/#sthash.k1Q8tO6U.dpuf
  • bag_of_donuts
    Options
    logged on here to find out the calories also. Just started on MFP about 2 months ago and I am so out of shape! BUT did manage to get threw the 2 mile walk. She looked so relaxed and I was sweating like pig! lol Love her video tho!!