how much space do you need to do p90x

Options
How much space do you need per person to be able to do p90x. My livingroom and office space are relatively limited and most workouts that I get are with the instructor staying realitively in a small area (think the old 1980s Gillad on his single round pad)

There may be two of us doing the exercise so I would love to know what the minimum amount of space needed is required.

Also would you suggest getting the base, intermediate or highest level for someone just starting out? Thanks.

Replies

• mittensofdoom
    mittensofdoom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It depends on the workout. For the weight lifting, not much, basically enough to do a push up. However, the plyocide and core routines require a bit more room. There are a lot of lunges, distance jumping, jumping "monster tires" and high kicks involved. And technically you'll need two pull up bars if there will be two of you. I use the kind that fits in a doorway so that might be a challenge unless you've got two doorways!
  • mittensofdoom
    mittensofdoom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the guide comes with different plans, I'd just start with what you think will work for you and if it's too intense, drop down a level. I could be wrong but I don't think you can buy actual different videos?
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    "unless you've got two doorways!"

Actually I do... One leading to the front hall and one leading to the "bedrooms" hall way. :)

How far would you say the "distance" jumps were?
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I know on the P90X web site the intro video mentions the space needed. I think it was 6x6.
  • Devans639
    Devans639 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've done the P90x in my basement and living room. Only advice I have is watch low ceilings. Good Luck
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    From P90X FAQ on the web site:

"How much space will I need?

About 6 by 6 feet. In a typical living room, this is the space between your TV and your couch."
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I agree 6x6. I have moved furniture out of the way for plyo because of the leaping if two of us are doing it at once.