New, and losing the love pudge!

Options
Hey! my name is Katie, and I am new to fitness pal! My best friend has been using it to track his calories over the last year, and loves it, so here I am!

I am hoping to lose some weight. Over the last year, I've entered the 'love pudge' of my relationship (ya know, you fall in love, and gain a bunch of weight?), and gained 30 lbs! Well we're getting married next June, I've already bought the dress, and I really want it to fit well. I'm hoping to lose 55 lbs before the wedding.

We've also just moved to a new city, so I don't have much a support system here, other than my fiancee, who is also trying to lose. We are starting off well, but I'd love to find a community of people who are on the same path as we are, to help keep motivated!

So that brings me to here! Please, introduce yourself -- lets be weight loss buddies!

Replies

• emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat... fell in love and im 30 pounds heavier. good thing is my boyfriend is embarking on this journey with me. good luck.... you can do it
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've gained about 45 in my relationship and my wedding is in june too, the 15th! :) you can add me if you'd like. I'm holding off on buying the dress to get closer to my goal. lol added pressure!
  • shara99
    shara99 Posts: 34
    Options
    I've been married 20 years and am in the same boat with my weight. Feel free to add me.
  • blessingsx2
    blessingsx2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP, I love the way you used 'love pudge', sounds so much better than 'fat' lol! I too have gained weight after I got married almost 4 years and 2 kids ago. I've lost 8 and have about 11 or so to go. You can add me too if you'd like, friends are such great motivation for me when I see them getting their exercise in and losing weight, makes me want to try harder
  • giantsr1
    giantsr1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on here daily and try to give lots of support and motivation. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • ValTheRizzle
    ValTheRizzle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been there!! Feel free to add me, always looking for more friends! :)
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Husband and I are also in this together! We're both trying to clean up our eating and work out like champs.

Feel free to add me! :)
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp, hope you lose the weight before the wedding, you can do it you have plenty of time but you gotta start today. good luck