This Doesn't Seem right to me...

Options
So I like getting new workout ideas on Pinterest. I found one that I can remember easy enough and can do for a little while, but the calories it claims to burn seems waaaaay too high. What do you think?

Burns 100 Calories:
~40 jumping jacks
~30 crunches
~20 squats
~10 pushups
5 Times = 500 Calories EASY

I find this HIGHLY unlikely.... Maybe 5 times through burns 100 calories. Just wasn't really sure. It only took me about 10 minutes to do the whole thing 5 times.

Replies

• Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    *bump* for an answer as well....
  • GabsMommy28
    GabsMommy28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is taking into account the jumping jacks and how they get your heart going really fast? If you have a heart rate monitor I'd test it out. But it doesn't seem like a very well rounded workout to me.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    What's that expression.....if it sounds too good to be true......I suspect your BS detector is fully functioning (the caloric burn will vary person to person based on weight, fitness level etc)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Not sure how true the cal burn is but damn, this looks HARD!
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If only!
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I checked 10 mins of "calisthenics -vigorous" and that only burns like 103 cals... I logged my 10 as a moderate calisthenics (about 60 cals) I'd much rather underestimate than over!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem that far off from what you would do in something like the 30 day shred. Maybe you are doing them too fast?