Erika here, looking to go from 161 lbs to 125 lbs

Options
Hello. My name is Erika. I am 32-years-old, married, and have a beautiful 3-year-old daughter. Since I quit smoking back in July of last year, I've gained 30-40 lbs. I don't like the way I look or feel anymore, so I've decided to go on a low-calorie diet. For the past week (that's how long I've been at this), I've managed to stay well under 2000 calories/day. Most days, I've been under 1500, and my goal per day is 1200. We're on a tight budget, so it is hard to get specific items that are good for me. My friend who introduced me to My Fitness Pal says it well, "Eating healthy costs more than eating processed foods." It is so true. I have been working out nearly everyday and feel better than I have in a while. :happy: I'm looking to add some friends so that I may get some neat ideas for what to eat day-to-day, and stay motivated by seeing others' progress, etc. If you'd like to add me my email is eweinert227@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I have a similar goal! I hope to get to 125 ish. I am married and I am a teacher. I have been on and off with my diet and I am now starting to get serious and make it a life style change. I dont think of it as limiting myself anymore, I think of it as being healthy and staying healthy. I would love to do this journey together!
  • MaryAnnSartoris
    MaryAnnSartoris Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a bit older.....Ok, a lot older but I do have a simular goal. I am looking to go from 152-125. I love this site and it has motivated me to get healthy through choosing the right foods and exercising. My children are all grown so I dont' have the stress of trying to fit in my workouts. I understand how the cost is a big deal. I am in Florida and I can't believe how expensive fresh fruits and veggies are here. I am not sure how to add friends on the site yet. I'm still learning! If you know how and wish to, add me and we can compare our journey of getting healthy. The more we share the better our chances are!
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    25 years old, 5'1", starting weight was right around 160. I've since gotten down to about 135 and and aiming for mid 120's. Cardio and resistance training have done the trick :) And lots of chicken...for the protein...I need some new recipes :P
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am right there with you...currently at 163 (from 170) and eventually hoping to get to 130. You are right, eating healthy is very expensive and time consuming, but we CAN do it! I have been using MFP since July 1st and thought the pounds are coming off slowly, they are coming off. Erika, SO proud of you for quitting smoking...that in and of itself is no easy task and a huge accomplishment. You are definitely on the road to getting healthy. I am also a school teacher and will be 38 in a couple of weeks. I want to be healthy again and feel good about myself. Best wishes to you all! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • shara99
    shara99 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Erika, I am also an ex smoker (quit 16 years ago) and have put on lots of pounds since then. I'm also new to MFP. Add me if you'd like, I'd love to have you as a friend.
  • Clairesmom2
    Options
    Erika feel free to add me! I am also on a budget and would love to swap ideas with you. I am also trying to reach a goal of around 120.
  • Eweinert227
    Options
    Thank you all! How wonderful it is to find others who are on the same path as me. Eating healthy has become not so hard since I started. It is indeed a lifestyle choice and a healthy lifestyle is what we're all going for. :happy: Unfortunately, I started smoking again in June of this year. It was my third or fourth time quitting and I will quit again...soon. I was under false hopes at the time that smoking would help me lose weight; that's why I started back up. Otherwise, my diet has been great, staying under 2000 calories since I began, although my goal is 1200/day. Some days I make it. :wink: I look forward to sharing this journey with you all. :heart: