HELP + DEAL ALERT!!!

Options
Hey everyone,
Barnes & Nobles has a sale - buy 2 DVD's get the 3rd free, and since I have a gift card I was thinking this is the best time to get new workout DVD's. I want your opinion on which ones are the best to get - please vote by your experience which ones have been most effective for you in losing weight/ toning up.

Thanks!!!

Here are my options:

Jilian Michaels 30 - Day Shred
Jilian Michaels - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Jilian Michaels - No More Trouble Zones
Biggest Loser - The BL workout 1
Biggest Loser - The BL Workout 2
Biggest Loser - Boot Camp
Biggest Loser - Weight Loss Yoga
Biggest Loser - Power Sculpt
Biggest Loser - Cardio Max
Biggest Loser - Last Chance Workout
Dancing W/ The Stars - Dance off the Pounds
Dancing W/ The Stars - Dance Body Tone
Dancing W/ The Stars - Latin Cardio
Dancing W/ The Stars - Cardio Dance

Replies

• missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is awesome and a great workout for when you are short on time. I don't know how much it is and B and N but WalMart has it for $10 so keep that in mind.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have used many of those and like most...except the Dancing with the Stars one, I love dancing so thought I would love that one...but I didn't. It was a big disappointment.
  • SLUNDIN1
    Options
    I have used Jillians 30 Day Shred and loved it because of the short workouts and it is also very effective. I also just purchased Biggest Loser Last Chance Work out and have only used it a couple of times but loved it because it will set you up a weekly program that you can follow and seems to really get you feeling the burn. =) Good luck in your search.
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The Dancing with the Stars workouts are kind of hard to do if you're not a trained dancer. I love dancing and tried to stick with it, but it took lots of practice. I'm sure they're a good workout if you can keep up with the moves, but I had a hard time with it.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys!

30 Day Shred will probably be #1 choice and its also about $10

Dancing with the starts I am skeptical about so I'm more inclined to BL and Jillian Michaels.

Would love to hear more opinions!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have Biggest Loser Boot Camp and Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga. Both have Bob and I absolutely adore him!! I get a good workouts from both. You will sweat during the yoga video!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Thnx Crystal, WTG on the 54 lbs! Thats amazing
    did those DVD's help you out with that weight loss?
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Jilian Michaels 30 - Day Shred

Biggest Loser - Boot Camp

Biggest Loser - Cardio Max

I think those would be the three I'd choose.
  • Angie0518
    Options
    A friend of mine did the Jillian Michaels 30 days shred and had great success with it! :smile:
  • wolt98
    wolt98 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I Love the 30 day shred, no more trouble zones, and boost your metabolism. Thirty day shred is great for a short on time workout. The other two are longer and are killers!
  • nolachick
    Options
    I Love the 30 day shred, no more trouble zones, and boost your metabolism. Thirty day shred is great for a short on time workout. The other two are longer and are killers!

Thanks! I heard 30 day shred is like circuit training so I'll need weights. What are the other two like?
  • wolt98
    wolt98 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The boost your metabolism you don't need weights,has a lot of the same exercises as 30 day shred just mixed up and longer. It took me doing this dvd three times before I made it through the whole thing. The no more trouble zones you do need weights for. Both are a lot of circuit training which keeps it interesting just as you get the hang of an exercise they change it!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I second that. The 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs are great. I love to use them as supplements when I can't run or make it to the gym...
  • nolachick
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys! Definately 30 day shred is on the list but I can't decide about the other 2, will research more and decide tomorrow!
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have 30 day shred, Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, BL Weight Loss Yoga, BL Cardio Max and BL Bootcamp. I would say for cardio, the BL Cardio or Boost Metabolism are my favorites. If you're looking to mix it up with weights/cardio, then Bootcamp or 30 day Shred. No More Trouble Zones is more circuit strength training, and the Yoga is good, if you like Yoga..probably my favorite of all my Yoga DVD's.

Hope that helps!